Talk

Advanced search

Legoland advice, tips and info :-)

(9 Posts)
FennyBridges Sun 24-May-15 17:50:09

We are going to Legoland on Thursday and it is a long awaited trip for my son, 5. Do you have any advice, tips and information to make our day fabulous? Please post and let me know!

Nellagain Sun 24-May-15 17:59:17

We are going in July for the second time. This time I will be taking the cool box and providing my own lunches as the food there was rubbish and overpriced even by theme park standards.

Short of that I would just plan which rides you want to go on and prioritise them. The splash world looked like it would take up at least half a day. So we didn't do that last time there is a fair amount of walking to do so I would build in quiet activities with the more adventurous stuff. You are probably going to have to go to the driving school. Are you staying in the hotel?

If not start at the back of the park and work forwards as I remember that was more appropriate for that age group. Have fungrin

ThePaperBagPrincess Sun 24-May-15 18:03:13

I second taking a picnic with you. We also bought DS a drinks bottle as we went in which could be refilled throughout the day for free.

If it looks like it might be a bit wet for part of the day then save the Star Wars and Atlantis bits for then smile

After 3pm children eat for £1 with an adult meal too if that's helpful?

FennyBridges Sun 24-May-15 18:03:54

Thanks! We have family nearby. What do you mean, the driving school?

FennyBridges Sun 24-May-15 18:05:53

Thanks for the tip about after 3pm and good to know about refilling a drink bottle :-)

Nellagain Sun 24-May-15 18:09:08

They have a driving school made up of lego cars. They have a short instruction from a lego man they drive the cars round the track and then they get presented with the lego city driving licence. As he's 5 there is no chance that you will not be going to thisgrin

FennyBridges Sun 24-May-15 18:11:08

Sounds totally cool and brilliant! He is so excited :-D

ThePaperBagPrincess Mon 25-May-15 09:23:28

Just found this thread, looks like it should be useful!

www.mumsnet.com/Talk/days_out_recommendations/2331057-THE-LEGOLAND-2015-tips-hints-and-reviews-thread-all-your-questions-answered-here

RueDeWakening Mon 25-May-15 09:28:57

Into the park and head straight down the hill to Atlantis for the first ride. From there head back up so you get to the pirate show about 45 mins before the start time, grab a seat and have a picnic lunch while you wait for it to start.

Take cossies and towels if it looks nice so you can go in splash world (behind the duplo bit).

If you want to eat in the park, the buffet behind the duplo playground does kids eat free after I think 4.30 or so, which is worth it.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now