Talk

Advanced search

Ex threatening me

(12 Posts)
Kakey1710 Mon 02-Feb-15 22:53:12

My ex was emotional abusive throughout our relationship. We have two young children together. The relationship ended during one of his awful verbal assaults and he walked out, of course that was my fault.
Anyway recently he sent me a text the content of which was so awful I ended up in tears. In this text he wrote "if you let another man near my kids I will kill you... You hear me"

I spoke to him on the phone today and I said that he shouldn't have threatened me he said "I will kill you if you let another man near my kids, I will kill you and your whole family"

I don't know what to do. Is this something that you would report? Should I ignore it?

jackydanny Mon 02-Feb-15 22:56:03

I would report it.

threatening behaviour.

RandomMess Mon 02-Feb-15 22:57:25

Absolutely report is, phone 101.

carolineflacksdouble Tue 03-Feb-15 14:40:40

Definitely report it. Be sure they see all the texts etc. hope all goes ok x

canyou Tue 03-Feb-15 14:52:24

thanks Report it and keep a copy of your text msg.bHe needs to know you will protect yourself and yor family and DC from his threats and behaviour

Nolim Tue 03-Feb-15 14:53:32

Report it. Now.

HowCanIMissYouIfYouWontGoAway Tue 03-Feb-15 14:54:45

Report it to the police.

You should never ignore a threat to kill you.

Chances are he is just (just I say, like it's a small thing!) trying to intimidate you and would never actually act on it but women are killed by current and ex partners and it is important that you report this. He cannot be allowed to think it is ok to say this to you.

emmelinelucas Tue 03-Feb-15 15:15:43

You have proof of his threats (you still have the text ?)
REPORT.
When they say that - why would you think he wouldn't mean it ?
My ex threatened - only verbally, no witnesses (and before mobiles, social media etc) and he tried on so many occasions to beat me to death, or drive me to kill myself.
Please, please, please report.

kinkyfuckery Tue 03-Feb-15 15:21:45

Definitely report it. And keep the text to show the police.

Chances are he wouldn't follow it through, but he needs to know that sort of threat is unacceptable.

bettyboop1970 Tue 03-Feb-15 15:26:05

Report him and stay safe.

ChangingItUp Tue 03-Feb-15 15:30:09

Definitely report to police. I would then set up an email account just for him, change your number and inform him that due to his threatening behaviour contact from now on will be via email only.
That way you don't have to speak to him at all and any further threats can be kept and shown to the police.

PotteringAlong Tue 03-Feb-15 15:30:30

Police. Immediately.

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: