Talk

Advanced search

Ideas for transition toys

(4 Posts)
77Ruby Fri 30-Jan-15 16:05:51

Have you any ideas for transition toys for a girl of 6 and a boy of 3 who we hope to adopt soon. The toys will appear in our introduction video and they will be given the toys when we meet. Something cuddly and perhaps with sound or that we can record something on. All ideas very welcome

Heyho111 Sat 31-Jan-15 22:58:19

You can get photo albums that you put your own photos in and can record a few seconds for each photo. You could put pictures in of you , your home , the park etc to let them look through when they are not with you.
Big floor jigsaws and say you want to make a carpet out of them. Mine loved doing that. If girls a simple dolls house to imaginary play homes.
Girls - craft box - home made with curious things like buttons and pretty bits of material and ribbon.
Boys- a selection of different balls , a pile of big sticks with a picture of a little den. Pop up tent. They love these. They become castles, caves etc. play mobile set. Pair of wellies and tell them your going to be jumping in puddles and , running through a forest.
This must be an amazing time for you smile

77Ruby Sun 01-Feb-15 13:18:17

Great ideas.... Thanks

Olivo Sun 01-Feb-15 13:50:42

I've not used them but I believe places like build a bear have one that you can record a message on before stuffing and dressing.

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: