Talk

Advanced search

so stressed out

(6 Posts)
lek4310 Fri 30-Jan-15 15:55:42

I need some advice please, I have a 4 year old playing up at the nursery and a 3 year old getting picked on . My 10 month old baby still not a great sleeper, and when born had bad acid reflux then colic. My partner his ill and needs a heart transplant. Some days are a blur and tough, but I try to stay strong. I don't know how long I can stay strong for, has anyone any tips ?

AHatAHatMyKingdomForAHat Fri 30-Jan-15 15:59:46

Ask people for help.

What does "staying strong" mean for you?

lek4310 Fri 30-Jan-15 16:03:40

For me its making sure everyone is ok and I am there 100% for them and whatever they all need.

rockinrobintweet Fri 30-Jan-15 16:10:35

be calm. the difficulty at nursery may be that your child is anxious too.. are they aware of the circumstance with your husband? talking and being honest may help him cope with his anxiety. is your childcare provider aware also?

they should be aw to provide you support. there are many services that will help you 'cope' if you need some support or advice.

and with the sleeper.. have you got a routine? my dd was an awful sleeper until i stuck to one routine and bath is just before bed and then into a dark room (fair lights) and we all read a story together.

try and be calm so that their anxiety is reduced as much as possible. and then have a warm bath yourself to try and relax. have you got a friend or somebody to talk to? you may need an emotional release to help you de stress.

xx

lek4310 Fri 30-Jan-15 16:26:22

Both my older boys know " daddy's got a poorly heart" but that's all, but the nursery have advised that because my partner is in and out of hospital just now he senses that. But I do try to keep things normal, if my partner is in hospital I sometimes say he is away working. My health advisor still phones for updates about my baby and they are also aware of most things. The baby goes to bed OK so am hopeful I have that routine sorted, but its during the night he still gets up at 4 fish most days 5 if am lucky. Then my 3 year old gets up at 5.30 every morning, tried to keep him in his bed or get him to sleep longer but nothing works.
I have a lot of good friends but all have issues of there own to deal with, so don't want to pester them with my life.
I try to have a bath but by the time the kids are in bed and I tidy up have my tea its time for bed again.

rockinrobintweet Fri 30-Jan-15 23:28:54

sorry for a delayed response to you.. crazy evening with DDs! it sounds like you're doing and coping with things as best you can.. but you shouldn't feel like you're pestering friends.. if my friends were suffering and didn't tell me I would be sad that i was unapproachable.

it'll help you, and it sounds like you need a good shoulder to release yourself.

I have a poor sleeper myself so feel for you. we've managed to deal with it by either leaving her to babble in her cot or we bring her into our bed and read with her so things stay calm and we get 10 mins to wake up!!

could this possibly work for you?

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: