Talk

Advanced search

Just called the police on my neighbours

(12 Posts)
Amybabygypsyqueen Wed 28-Jan-15 15:23:18

My neighbours have quite a violent relationship. Today I called the police I rang 101 and they transferred it to 999 a car was here within 10 mins. Last week she pushed him down the stairs today they are throwing punches. She has two kids neither are his, they are from her first marriage but he died and the children struggled with this- I think they still are tbh. He is horrid to the step-son always shouting at him he is 17 the youngest is about 11. I only hear what is going on through the walls. We don't talk, I have tried catching her glance. Taking dog toys back round etc but he is always there, I don't know if what I have done today is for the best but I had to do something sad worst of all it was my daughters God father who was the police officer attending.

Amybabygypsyqueen Wed 28-Jan-15 15:24:12

I don't really no what I want from this it feels better just writing it down

Ilikemashpotatoe Wed 28-Jan-15 15:27:33

I think you did the right thing. It's the children that are in the middle of this. You have every right to be concerned if you can actually hear what's going on through the walls. Them poor kids sound like they've been through enough. Maybe this will give them so hope for a better future flowers

ALittleFaith Wed 28-Jan-15 15:27:53

I think you want reassurance that you did the right thing..I think you did. It must be terrifying for the children. Let's hope they get the help they need.

CurlyWurlyCake Wed 28-Jan-15 15:28:14

I think you have done the right thing.

It sounds horrible.

Will one of them be there for the 11 yr old getting home from school?

bananapickle84 Wed 28-Jan-15 15:30:10

I had to do exactly the same with my neighbours not so long ago. I felt quite shocked at what I had seen (it started in the street) and I was a little concerned at what they'd think if they found out it was me who called.
Turned out to be the right thing as he was taken away in a police van and it went to court where is was found guilty of GBH.
I think you have done the right thing, you wouldn't be able to forgive yourself if something worse happened and you'd done nothing to stop it. Or worse if it was happening to you and the neighbours all ignored it. That's what I felt about it anyway.

Amybabygypsyqueen Wed 28-Jan-15 15:35:56

The 17year old fetches the 11year old everyday he also takes her to school, they seem really close. I was scared with what I could hear, the police only stayed for 10 mins it shoulds like he got cautioned for breech of the police and they left. They are still arguing now but much quiter I'm hoping it will shock them in to seeing the bigger picture. The police women on the phone said they wouldn't come round or use my name I wish my DH was here I feel quite vulnerable

Amybabygypsyqueen Wed 28-Jan-15 15:37:17

My spelling is Atrocious I'm on my iPhone and have been awoken from my post night shift slumber.

Nolim Wed 28-Jan-15 15:40:21

Good for you for calling the police

Ilikemashpotatoe Wed 28-Jan-15 15:41:35

How awful. I would definitely ring the police again if it continues (which I have a feeling it will)
Her children should know that this is not acceptable behaviour in a relationship. The daughter is too young to do anything about it herself and the son probably doesn't know who to turn to help. If there was more people like you that actually showed concern the world would be a better place.

Amybabygypsyqueen Wed 28-Jan-15 15:44:02

You have all made me feel much better smile thank you I get really anxious and I hate confrontation. But it has gone quite now, hopefully for a little while. If it happens again do I call 101 or 999? I work within the emergency services and hate calling 999 unless it is a life threatening situation

CurlyWurlyCake Wed 28-Jan-15 20:13:59

Glad you feel better, you really did do the right thing.

101 puts you through quick enough although can sometimes take longer to answer so it would depend on what you heard.

Were you given a call reference number to link any further calls?

Let's hope you don't need to call again, poor children.

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: