Talk

Advanced search

parcel missing left with neighbors!

(6 Posts)
Heyitsholly Thu 08-Jan-15 17:57:22

Hi all
Just wondering what to do. I ordered maternity clothes from new look. Whilst at work today myhermes delivered my parcel and left it with a neighbour. The neighbor is denying all knowledge but is a very dodgy man. Had several asbos etc
My Hermes says I should talk to the sender but in my opinion they are at fault as I never authorized it to be left with neighbors but I will contact new look.
What would everyone else do?
I darent go and question the neighbor again as before he's been to prison for putting fire through another neighbors letter box
Dont worry I'm just waiting for my new house to be built in time for new babies arrival, you can't choose your neighbors !!

nhsworker15 Thu 08-Jan-15 17:59:10

Your contact is with the sender so you should contact them.

HowCanIMissYouIfYouWontGoAway Thu 08-Jan-15 18:02:06

I'd do that, just contact the seller and say item not received. Your contract is with the person you bought from.

It is up to them to ensure you get it.

They will take it up with hermes.

It's really not your problem who hermes delivered it to. That's their problem. You just tell the sender it was not delivered to you and you want a replacement - and that the courier is NOT to leave it with a neighbour.

CaptainJamesTKirk Thu 08-Jan-15 18:07:32

Let New Look take it up with Hermes. Explain what has happened and ask them what they're going to do about it.

FishWithABicycle Thu 08-Jan-15 18:45:03

Your contract is with New Look, New Look have a contract with MyHermes which MyHermes failed to fulfil. New Look should get you replacement stuff asap and pursue MyHermes for their cockup. You should not have to wait for that resolution, which is regarding an agreement which you were not party to.

Heyitsholly Sun 11-Jan-15 17:29:05

Thanks guys! Still waiting for a response from new look which I'm not impressed with! Glad its not happened before I do like my internet shopping!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now