Talk

Advanced search

Letting cleaner go

(8 Posts)
lotsofcheese Tue 06-Jan-15 20:42:07

I've had a cleaver for 2 years now, and have decided to let her go, as she has become increasingly unreliable & last-minute. For example, she'd cancel on the day, or text at 8pm the night before she was coming. So often there would be a last minute, late night tidying session so the place is tidy enough to clean Only for her to cancel or change plans at the very last moment.

The cleaner was very good when we moved house, doing the move-out clean. And she does do a good job when she comes.

She is employed through an agency & I emailed them to give 1 months' notice, as per T&C.

However the agency manager called today & left a message asking if the reason for cancellation was anything to do with our cleaner.

So do I tell the truth?

I don't want to get her into trouble with the agency.

WWYD?

lotsofcheese Tue 06-Jan-15 20:42:39

A cleaner, even!! FFS - autocorrect!!!

Nevercan Tue 06-Jan-15 20:46:45

Yes I would tell them she is starting to be unreliable and do they have anyone else available?

Pippidoeswhatshewants Tue 06-Jan-15 20:47:03

I think I would have had a word with the cleaner and/or the agency first, re. her unreliability.
If she is the reason you gave notice, the agency should know.

lotsofcheese Tue 06-Jan-15 20:50:59

Thanks for the advice. I don't think I'd want to use the same agency as their charges are fairly steep (about £250 pa).

A friend has recommended another cleaner, who I'll go with.

I would feel bad about saying to the agency, as she is a single parent & I'd feel bad if she lost her job. Sorry to drip feed.

FunkyBoldRibena Tue 06-Jan-15 20:53:26

if the reason for cancellation was anything to do with our cleaner.

'Yes, she was unreliable.'

Have you checked if there is a break clause if they don't show? It would save you paying the notice fees. Did you report her absence each time? Did you complain at all?

lotsofcheese Tue 06-Jan-15 20:59:58

I'll have a look at the contract re: charges.

I had said to the cleaner myself that I wasn't happy with the chopping & changing. I'd previously spoken to the agency about a replacement when she was hadn't replied to calls about a year ago.

ArgentinianMalbec Tue 06-Jan-15 21:44:52

I really don't think you ought to feel bad. If I didn't turn up to my job I would get the sack, as would you. Sorry if that sounds harsh. Just tell the truth about the reasons why to the agency and get a new cleaner smile

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now