Talk

Advanced search

Reserved an item at Argos and they've increased the price.

(14 Posts)
Arsenal123 Sun 04-Jan-15 19:14:17

I just took a look at the Argos site and noticed that the iPad I reserved has gone up by £60. It is still on sale but by much less than I reserved it at.

I read their info and it stated that you pay the price in store on the day which is great if your product is reduced but terrible if the price gets ramped up. Plus had I not checked the prices just I would have expect to pay the price I reserved at.

I have an email confirming the price I reserved at but given what it says on their site I don't know if this will still stand. It's also not being delivered to the store for 3 more days.

What would you do?

o0 Sun 04-Jan-15 19:16:32

I had this happen so I emailed argos and they said I could have it at the cheaper price and to print out the email to show instore.

Madlizzy Sun 04-Jan-15 19:18:38

You'll be fine. Ask them to check your res number when you go in. They'll look it up.

krisskross Sun 04-Jan-15 19:20:34

I've had this happen, they did give it to me at the lower price I reserved at.

thornrose Sun 04-Jan-15 19:20:44

Argos will honour the price it was when you reserved it. It has happened to me in the past.

ladygracie Sun 04-Jan-15 19:21:55

Oh this happened to me and they didn't honour the price. Hope you get it for the price you're hoping for.

Itsgoingtoreindeer Sun 04-Jan-15 19:23:29

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

YoullLikeItNotaLot Sun 04-Jan-15 19:23:45

I didn't know Argos fund this! I wish I'd known that a couple of weeks ago. Having said that, I think argos' customer service generally is better than I might have expected so I shouldn't be suprised.

Trills Sun 04-Jan-15 19:24:58

If I could not afford it at that price, or thought it was not worth that price, or could buy it cheaper elsewhere, I would not buy it.

If it was still cheaper or the same price as elsewhere, and I did want and could afford it at that price, I'd buy it.

Itsgoingtoreindeer Sun 04-Jan-15 20:14:04

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

snozzlemaid Sun 04-Jan-15 20:22:28

I've had this before. Reserved an item, then when I went to collect it the price and gone up, so I queried it and they checked the date I had reserved it and let me have it at the cheaper price.
I was surprised I must admit as they always say you pay the price instore on that day.

Arsenal123 Mon 05-Jan-15 00:06:24

I hope they do the same for me.

Madlizzy Mon 05-Jan-15 18:34:27

On their stock system, it does show the reservation price.

Arsenal123 Tue 06-Jan-15 11:52:33

Thankfully they honoured the reserve price.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now