Talk

Advanced search

Buying toddler shoes online?

(6 Posts)
cinnamongirl1976 Sat 03-Jan-15 14:16:43

DD (2) was a late walker with relatively slow-growing feet, so she's ready for a second pair of shoes now.

We had trouble finding the first pair because she has wide feet - in fact, one shoe shop didn't want to sell us anything as they didn't feel they had anything appropriate. Sign of a good shop, I think.

We went back there today and the same thing happened. I would have been happy to get her existing shoes (Ricosta Nippy, which are fab) but they didn't have them in her size.

The assistant did suggest we could buy the Ricostas online in the next size up and they would be fine, but I am a bit wary of this. I've tried ringing round other local shops and no-one has them in DD's size. I hate the fact that a lot of girls' shoes are strappy and leave the socks exposed (no good in this weather IMO, especially not when you like splashing in puddles). The Ricostas are trainers with Velcro straps.

Anyway, they're fairly easy to get hold of online, so wwyd? I ask because I'm a little wary of not getting them fitted.

AuntieStella Sat 03-Jan-15 14:20:35

If you can find a site with a good returns policy, then I can't see why not to do this.

cinnamongirl1976 Thu 15-Jan-15 13:41:06

Thank you for the reply and I am sorry I never responded. We bought online in the end!

pookamoo Thu 15-Jan-15 13:44:10

I always bought my toddlers their shoes online, from Cheeky Little Rascals, or Kidz Shooz

wheresthelight Thu 15-Jan-15 22:41:41

I have a clarks foot measure so I tend to buy online as I can't stand the queues on our local shop! they have a good returns policy so it's no danger

cinnamongirl1976 Fri 16-Jan-15 10:28:47

Thanks both - that is useful. I guess it is about being confident you're getting the right size (although strangely, I never worry too much when it comes to wellies!).

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: