Talk

Advanced search

Spam / scam

(6 Posts)
Sasm5 Fri 02-Jan-15 14:13:35

Hi

Looking for some advice please received an email from someone claiming to have seen a pic or profile online (which I don't have ) they started the message with my name ? Stating they wanted to meet up !! Stupidly I replied to say they had the wrong person.
I have since received another email asking to meet up Ignored that and now got another one asking if I live in a certain town ? Which I do I hope this makes sense. Just wondering what I should do or is it just spam hoping for a reply again ? A bit freaked out how they know my name and location

Sasm5 Fri 02-Jan-15 14:14:09

smile thank you in advance

BackOnlyBriefly Fri 02-Jan-15 14:26:39

It will be a scam and you should ignore it. They have a little information and try to get more.

Your email to them will most likely give them your IP address which tells them what ISP you are with and sometimes your general area.

SaucyMare Fri 02-Jan-15 14:27:50

mark as spam, and learn by this never be nice on the internet.

Sasm5 Fri 02-Jan-15 14:38:25

Hi both thank you for your replies �� that helps a lot I thought as much but wasn't sure no will just ignore and marked on my block list now

Sasm5 Sat 03-Jan-15 13:24:26

Ok great thanks for your help I was wondering how they knew my name as my email address is not related to my name. But I guess it could be from anything I have signed upto online with my email. Getting paranoid hmm lol

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now