Talk

Advanced search

I think next door neighbours husband has passed away ....

(9 Posts)
babyiwantabump Mon 22-Dec-14 17:48:29

But I'm not sure! I know he was ill a while back an then the other week there was an ambulance and her Christmas decorations were up but now they are not !

I don't know what to do - I want to see if she needs anything and send a card , but I also don't want to go bumbling aroun there offering sympathy if he is fine!

Bit of background - I'm basically the youngest on the street - keep myself to myself and say hello to some neighbours but next door are the only ones I know by name and send a Christmas card too etc - I also don't want to send a card saying merry Xmas if he has passed!

Wwyd??

Shadow1986 Mon 22-Dec-14 17:50:03

I would knock and say you couldn't help noticing the ambulance and that the decorations have been taken down and ask if she is ok and if there's anything you can do?

Welliesandpyjamas Mon 22-Dec-14 17:52:00

Take the xmas card (and maybe some mince pies) around and knock on the door to wish a merry xmas in person, and you'll find out one way or another when he/she answers? Be prepared to offer sympathy and help/support if the news is not good.

BackforGood Mon 22-Dec-14 17:59:59

What Shadow said.

JoanHickson Mon 22-Dec-14 18:00:41

Has she got friends and relatives about?

Ilikesweetpeas Mon 22-Dec-14 18:03:18

Can you ask any other neighbours? That's what I did in a similar situation? I then went to the funeral to show my respects and was so glad I had as with me there that made a grand total of 12. His wife appreciated that if gone and we are friendly now, she's twice my age and I would like to think that she'd call on me if there was a problem. Even if you don't know the other neighbours you could knock on a door to ask?

babyiwantabump Mon 22-Dec-14 18:08:18

There's been a few more people going to her house but I'm not sure if I've only noticed because I've been at home and going out Christmas shopping instead of being at work (am on Mat leave) I speak to one other lady across the road as we seem to share one of my cats so will ask her - I think she has gone to a relatives for christma though .

babyiwantabump Tue 23-Dec-14 23:57:46

I managed to catch her today . He is very poorly - not long left . I offered my help if needed and gave her a huge hug. So sad.

my2centsis Thu 08-Jan-15 18:40:18

You sound lovely op I hope you had a great xmas

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now