Talk

Advanced search

If a parcel was delivered to your house for someone who's never lived there

(11 Posts)
jerseygal78 Fri 19-Dec-14 18:19:10

Got in today, parcel slip saying parcel next door. Pick it up & it's our address but the name is someone a) I don't know & b) I know has never lived here. I've not opened it but it says the sender is hotel chocolat... We've had the odd hand written card type letter delivered to this person on occasion so it may be a gift but someone has wrong address for them. Thanks!

jerseygal78 Fri 19-Dec-14 18:25:50

Just to add I've had a rubbish day & the prospect of a hotel chocolat box I don't have to wrap for someone else is getting rather too tempting!

Cupcakes123 Fri 19-Dec-14 18:26:51

I'd keep it. And eat it.

But I'm a bad person wink

NorwaySpruce Fri 19-Dec-14 18:29:42

I'd phone Hotel Chocolat and tell them what's happened.

Their customer service is amazing, they will probably let you keep it, and check with the sender where they were meant to go.

NinjaPanda34 Fri 19-Dec-14 18:29:54

If there's no sender address on it, I would dig in! Enjoy!

AlpacaYourThings Fri 19-Dec-14 18:31:03

Yes, agree with Norway I would phone Hotel Chocolat.

jerseygal78 Fri 19-Dec-14 18:47:33

I reluctantly felt I should ring and can now munch on a massive Christmas sleekster box guilt free - result!

Excellent result! I wish this would happen to me - the last time I got something delivered to me by mistake, it was a can of dried milk, and some other bits and pieces in my Tesco order. Like you, I rang them, and was told to keep them - but it wasn't chocolate! <<sulks>>

Comingfoccacia Fri 19-Dec-14 18:53:00

This happened to me years ago. I opened it and it was full of weed!

jerseygal78 Fri 19-Dec-14 18:55:17

Presume no customer service line for that one then!

Hairylegs47 Fri 19-Dec-14 19:11:24

I used to order my db a Christmas hamper every year - I live overseas and we don't see each other very often. Unknown to me, they'd been going to the wrong address but the householder never let on! My db just thought we never sent him anything and never brought it up. I only found out because last year, I ordered from a different company and it went to the right address.
Now, I know it's my fault I had the wrong house number, 60 instead of 50, but surely his neighbour knew the hamper wasn't for him? It wasn't his name on the label. If it had been me, I would've rang the hamper company, especially as I'd been getting the hampers for 5 years! Did he not think to ask the other neighbours if a Hairylegs Brother lived on the street?

I wonder if he's been looking forward to his hamper this year and it's not coming?

Well done for calling them and now you can enjoy it!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now