Talk

Advanced search

descrimination

(5 Posts)
Jayne1990 Sat 06-Dec-14 14:00:19

I was doing some christmas shopping with my 9 month old daughter today when I was heading into a shop [shop name removed by HQ]. I back into the shop to open the door and had just got into the shop when I was told I was not allowed in because I had a pushchair and if I would like to come in I would need to leave my daughter and her pushchair outside in the freezing cold!!! So shocked by this I just left but I have been in the store several times before with the pushchair and loved it but now I do not think I will be shopping there again. I was just wondering what other parents thought about this I would love to hear your views

Sparklingbrook Sat 06-Dec-14 14:06:30

Is the store particularly small?

WeAreEternal Sat 06-Dec-14 14:20:30

Are you sure they said your DD and the pushchair and not your DDs pushchair?

I can't imagine shop assistants telling a parent to leave their child outside a shop, but I can imagine a parent being told to leave a pushchair outside, especially on a Saturday in the run up to Christmas.

FWIW in my town we have lots of small shops and they all have signs in the windows requesting pushchair be left outside because the shops are simply too small for them to be inside.

Jayne1990 Sat 06-Dec-14 14:30:31

I have perviouly been in the store with the pushchair before and yes they did tell me to leave my daughter outside

Sparklingbrook Sat 06-Dec-14 14:34:54

It's Saturday, two weeks before Christmas so maybe they were busy. I am sure they just didn't want the shop full of pushchairs, and didn't mean for you to leave your daughter outside.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now