Talk

Advanced search

Package hasnt arrived and seller not responding

(5 Posts)
Chocolategirl7 Mon 01-Dec-14 18:02:51

Have tried to buy from small and local businesses as much as possible this Christmas. Came across a candle and pamper item website via twitter. Have followed for a while, items sounded lovely and eventually placed an order.
The order was placed 13 November and I tweeted her to say I'd placed an order and was very excited. She retweeted and favourited.
The payment came out of my paypal account 2 days later.
Nothing else happened, no confirmation email or anything.

So on 28 November I tweeted her asking when I could expect delivery. Nothing. Today I emailed through the website. Still nothing. WWYD. Part of me is hoping there's a good reason (maybe she's ill and can't work?) but I'm getting quite annoyed at the lack of response.

While I don't want to give her business a bad reputation if there's a good reason, increasingly I feel like complaining on twitter slating her.
Or have I just been ripped off? WWYD??

Money take from my paypal account

Chocolategirl7 Mon 01-Dec-14 18:04:09

Apologies - last sentence duplicated!!

OwlCapone Mon 01-Dec-14 18:07:06

Get a friend to tweet her with "Great website - some lovely stuff!" with "huns" etc as appropriate and see if she retweets it or whatever. Then you'll know she's ignoring you. Then I would raise a case with Paypal.

Olive1987 Thu 04-Dec-14 16:07:01

Did you pay with paypal through the 'goods' or 'business' button or through 'gift' or 'family&friend'. If it was goods or business then you're covered with paypal, just open a case with paypal and they will sort it. If unfortunately, you paid with gift or family&friend then you are not covered with paypals money back guarantee.

I wouldn't slate her on twitter personally.

BigBird69 Sat 06-Dec-14 15:58:38

Open a case with paypal. It is kept private so you won't be giving her bad publicity if it is some kind of genuine problem.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now