Talk

Advanced search

Job/interview - do I e mail?

(8 Posts)
Steben Tue 25-Nov-14 16:36:03

Just got some news that I didn't get a job, naturally disappointed of course. It's a civil service job so quite in depth feedback. The feedback is really good, and it would appear I missed out because I lack direct experience in particular area. Now to the wwyd -- a similar job (not as senior)has come up with the same person who interviewed me and I am wandering whether I should ask if she thinks it is worth applying. Or just not bother as they didn't want me for senior role so why would they want me for. do i e mail her direct (all recruitmentelectronically) and ask outright if it is worth me applying?

Sent from my iPhone

Lunaballoon Tue 25-Nov-14 16:41:33

I would. It shows you're keen. Good luck smile

Poledra Tue 25-Nov-14 16:43:38

I'd ask her! The worst thing that can happen is she says no, right? She might not suggest it to you herself, as she doesn't know if you're interested in a more junior (and presumably less well paid) position.

The only circumstances in which I might not ask would be if this was an internal position and I had to work with this person every day. But that's because I am a coward.

Steben Tue 25-Nov-14 17:34:30

Thanks for the replies, it is less money BUT it is more than I am on currently and I would be very interested in the work. I going to do it, worst she can say is bigger off.

Poledra Tue 25-Nov-14 17:38:46

Good luck!

Steben Tue 25-Nov-14 20:22:04

Thanks - am really going to think about how to word it - what I want to say is "am I a wrong fit and if so just be honest - if not pleeeeeeeese give me this job" but obviously not as pathetic and desperate smile

tobysmum77 Tue 25-Nov-14 22:07:39

I think no just apply. Its difficult to reply because they need to shortlist against the set criteria. no one would think it was weird for you to try again though.

FinallyHere Thu 27-Nov-14 13:50:51

Good luck.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now