Talk

Advanced search

Keep running into my childhood bully.

(10 Posts)
Michelle310 Sat 22-Nov-14 09:34:09

In recent weeks I've noticed my childhood bully has her kids in a couple of clubs my kids are in. She tortured me for 7 years at primary school. She was pretty, smart and popular and I was small, bespectacled, with a patch and she did not allow anyone to play with me. She taunted me and her or one of her cronies would write my name on the board for talking (I never spoke) and I would be caned. She got her friends to physically abuse me, I was pushed down a flight of steps. I could go on but you get the picture. She parks her 4 wheel drive in the disabled spot (no blue badge) so with this insight to her personality I'm thinking she hasn't changed much. She hasn't noticed me yet, no glasses now, but I'd love to say something to make her feel shit. I know forgive and forget but some of the things she put me through ...

Vitalstatistix Sat 22-Nov-14 10:26:49

And what if she didn't feel shit? Didn't care? Dismissed you or laughed at you? Or didn't even remember you?

You'd feel a hundred times worse.

Better for your emotional well being to present as a confident person, happy with your life and so much better than a bully and to deal with her if she approaches you, rather than seeking her out, unable to predict how she will respond.

I am shocked though that a child could write another child's name on a board and a teacher be so crap at their job that they actually cane someone! How can they not tell a child's handwriting on a board from their own or a fellow teachers?! Bloody hell. That must have been utterly shit for you.

bigTillyMint Sat 22-Nov-14 10:31:25

She sounds utterly vile.

Completely agree with Vital. And shop her to the police for the parking.

And watch out in case her DC turn into bullies like her.

scratchandsniff Sat 22-Nov-14 10:37:15

I agree it would be best not to say anything. She'll only be catty back and then you'll be the one that feels shit. Probably best to ignore her and act as if she has no effect on you anymore.

Michelle310 Sat 22-Nov-14 10:56:08

In those days if the teacher was out of the room the would leave a "responsible" pupil in charge and if anyone spoke they wrote the offenders name on the board.

Vitalstatistix Sat 22-Nov-14 11:00:25

wow. That was some shit teaching! How could a teacher not think that was open to abuse? Bloody awful. They really let you down.

Michelle310 Sat 22-Nov-14 13:25:20

Thanks for the advice. I've reported her illegal parking to the church sexton (my father-in-law) and he is going to ask who owns the illegally parked vehicles and ask her not to park there as this is taking a space near the entrance from someone who physically requires it, in front of all the other parents.
Probably petty to get a kick out of that, but I guess I can be petty!
I'm currently doing the ignoring, don't know who you are thing so will continue in that vein.
I'm not too worried about her kids bullying mine as I have somehow raised confident, happy children who handle confrontation with dignity and decorum. I just hope I can do the same.

cycleasy Sun 23-Nov-14 16:54:45

I'd play it very cool and confident but I'd find ways of sniping at her like if you're talking about your kids if your or her daughter does something a tiny bit pushy/aggressive say something like 'oh better watch that one, dont want her pushing anyone down some stairs'

But that's just dust I would do.

Chottie Mon 01-Dec-14 21:31:10

The best advice I've read on MN regarding bullying is to live a happy life. I would not confront her either, but I would keep an eye on her children.

fluffforbrains Wed 03-Dec-14 23:12:37

Could you get a traffic warden somehow to book her??? maybe call the council and say there are a lot of people floating the rules at x time in the week and that nobody is being booked for it? Would they send someone out?

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now