Talk

Advanced search

So called friends WWUD? Long one sorry

(9 Posts)
Mrwillywonkasbitch Fri 21-Nov-14 11:31:20

It was my friends birthday yesterday, the night before, she rang me crying saying she had thrown her boyfriend out because he hadn't helped her children to buy her a present (with her money) there's more to it but that was the last straw, and she felt dreadful because her children were upset that they had nothing to give her in the morning. Fast forward an hour I got out of bed, dressed, drove to asda and bought a few bits so her children had something to give her in the morning.

Thanks if you've got this far there's more shock

Anyway she was so grateful sent me a really lovely message about how I'm such a kind person and she's lucky to have a friend like me bla bla.

Fast forward to last night, I went to her house for a few drinks, we were all pissed, having a laugh and something in her head switched or I don't even know what happened, I've still not got my head round it. She just started shouting at me, asking why it was my business why she had done something, I told her I actually didn't care why she had done "it" I was just making conversation.

What would you do? Do I let it slip and put it down to the drink or do I say something?
I just feel like she's thrown my kindness back in my face, I'm questioning why I bothered and is she a friend?
She is 49 I know age is only a number but I'd of expected this sort of behaviour from a teenager

ARGHtoAHHH Fri 21-Nov-14 14:07:17

I don't get why she was shouting at you. Was it because you bought some stuff for her children to give her?

Pancakeflipper Fri 21-Nov-14 14:10:57

I would make my decision on what they say or don't say to me.

Did she apologise after the shouting or did you leave with bad feeling?
If so has she been in contact today?

She is obviously having a tough time ( but no excuse to be nasty to a friend) so if a 1 off and they apologised I would probably let it go. Otherwise I'd be keeping my distance.

Mrwillywonkasbitch Fri 21-Nov-14 14:19:50

Can you see my reply, it's not showing on my phone?

ARGHtoAHHH Fri 21-Nov-14 14:24:57

can't see a reply!

Mrwillywonkasbitch Fri 21-Nov-14 14:28:07

ARGH I don't really know why she shouted at me it was nothing to do with me helping her kids :/ PANCAKE she's apologised and can't remember much of the night and is embarrassed that she behaved like that. I think she's genuinely sorry. But idk

SweetsForMySweet Fri 21-Nov-14 14:32:49

You were both drunk and she doesn't even remember the argument, she has apologised so I'd let it go this time. If it happens again, I would take a step back

ARGHtoAHHH Fri 21-Nov-14 14:35:45

Ah, I'd let her off.

I'd try and laugh it off.

If there is a next time, I would have to step back and really think about what is going on with the friendship.

Mrwillywonkasbitch Fri 21-Nov-14 15:56:47

Ok thanks it was very out of character and like you said we were drunk

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now