Talk

Advanced search

Go to gig on my own

(11 Posts)
Stars66 Wed 19-Nov-14 19:09:15

I have two tickets for tonight to see a band who I love. But bf has got a job interview tmrw so needs to stay at home and swat up.
I have tried all off my friends but no one can come. Should I sod off the £60 I've spent on tickets and stay at home too, or go on my own?

WWYD?!

WireCat Wed 19-Nov-14 19:11:01

I frequently go to gigs on my own. Go and have fun.
Who are you seeing?

Stars66 Wed 19-Nov-14 19:11:57

Gaslight anthem. The lead singer is very hot which is also a massive selling point!wink

amy83firsttimer Wed 19-Nov-14 19:12:08

I'd go but I tend to know other people at gigs due to going to a lot of them. I'm guessing by the ticket price that it's not the type of small gig I'd usually go to though so that may not apply.
DH may be happy for you to be out of his hair for the evening though if he needs to swot up? Don't whatever you do come home steaming drunk though!!!

AlpacaMyBags Wed 19-Nov-14 19:12:40

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

PoppyWearer Wed 19-Nov-14 19:12:50

Go on your own!

I did it once and had a great time.

Itscurtainsforyou Wed 19-Nov-14 19:13:57

I would go alone. You might even be able to sell the extra ticket on scarlet mist (sometimes you can sell at short notice)

Stars66 Wed 19-Nov-14 19:15:22

I'm going to drive I think, I'm not going to drink on my own so may as well save the hassle of late night buses, plus I just started a new job so don't need a hangover...shock

d0ttyne11 Wed 19-Nov-14 19:21:52

Yeah just go yourself. No one in there will care!! Done that myself. No one'a bothered. Music critics must need to all the time. Pass yourself as one if you must!!! grin

WireCat Wed 19-Nov-14 23:37:52

Did you go? Was it good?

Stars66 Thu 20-Nov-14 21:58:34

Yep I went, BF was surprised when I said I was going!
I enjoyed it, Gaslight Anthem are excellent though it felt a bit odd being on my own and not drinking!! I just got myself tucked into the crowd and I'm sure no one noticed!!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now