Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

ia she committing fraud?

(18 Posts)
dontuseme123 Mon 10-Nov-14 18:28:51

I know someone who I think is committing fraud, she lives in a 4bedroom house & gets DHP for 2 of them, she is on benefits, but all 4 bedrooms are occupied, 1 by her & the other 3 by her older kids, all above the age of 30, so that's 4 national insurance numbers going through that address, what will happen if she is found out?

juneybean Mon 10-Nov-14 18:30:10

What's dhp?

FrauHelgaMissMarpleandaChuckle Mon 10-Nov-14 18:30:52

What's DHP and why do you think she is committing fraud?

OldLadyKnowsBeelzebub Mon 10-Nov-14 18:33:33

https://www.gov.uk/government/uploads/system/uploads/attachment_data/file/184207/discretionary-housing-payments-guide.pdf Discretionary Housing Payments.

TondelayoSchwarzkopf Mon 10-Nov-14 18:33:56

Eh?

Do you mean she's illegally sub letting to her DC ?

Your post makes no sense.

gamerchick Mon 10-Nov-14 18:35:13

Discretionary housing payment?

What's your beef op you're not being clear.?Just because the bedrooms are being used you still have to pay the bedroom tax.

Well that's what I've gleaned from your post any road.

dancemom Mon 10-Nov-14 18:39:07

Do you mean she has been awarded DHP for the "bedroom tax" but she doesn't actually have any empty rooms because adults are staying with her and she hasn't declared this?

dontuseme123 Mon 10-Nov-14 18:42:53

Its discretionary housing benefit, if you cant afford to pay the bedroom tax the council pay for you, its like housing benefit, but she said that 2rooms are empty, so she gets the rooms payed for her

dontuseme123 Mon 10-Nov-14 18:43:59

Yeh that's what I mean, how is she getting away with it, will they watch her if she gets reported?

dontuseme123 Mon 10-Nov-14 18:45:29

1 is a student & doesnt pay her

gamerchick Mon 10-Nov-14 19:11:01

It's a temporary payment isn't it?

What do you want to happen OP. Do you want to report her?

dontuseme123 Mon 10-Nov-14 19:27:16

No I wouldn't do that, but jst wondered if it is really fraud & what would happen, & I take it councils dont check claims, they just take your word for it, people have to do what they do to get by & pay rent, bills etc

gamerchick Mon 10-Nov-14 19:29:01

I don't think that payment is particularly easy to get if I remember reading right and it's not for long anyroad.

dontuseme123 Mon 10-Nov-14 19:40:30

Its every 6 months you apply, you can get it if u have to pay towards rent if the housing benefit doesnt cover full amount, it helps, but should only claim it if needed, they should just down size people in large houses as their are large families squeezed into small houses, it would solve many housing problems

gamerchick Mon 10-Nov-14 19:46:40

Why are you so bothered.. are you after their house?

dontuseme123 Mon 10-Nov-14 19:57:00

No no not at all, I jst worry about friends at this time of year, I jst wanted advice, I won't say nothing to her, I jst wanted to know if I was worrying over nothing,

EhricLovesTheBhrothers Mon 10-Nov-14 20:04:41

Yes you can apply after 6 months but you won't get it indefinitely. You can't keep applying unless you are in very unusual circumstances.
If she's committing fraud it will be to the tune of maybe £80 a month so really not worth getting aerated about.

dontuseme123 Mon 10-Nov-14 20:53:48

Some people jst have no fear, I would be looking over my shoulder every 2 mins, incase someone was watching me to see if my claim was legit, but I s'pose the council have better things to do & I wouldnt be telling any1 my business either, I need to stop worrying about other people, but at least no kids would be affected as hers are all grown up.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now