Talk

Advanced search

Amateur dramatics. Stage kiss. Tell DH or not?

(8 Posts)
mckenzie Sun 09-Nov-14 21:49:32

DH is coming to see the play. I have a few kisses/snogs with this guy. All stage managed, not real snogs!!
Shall I tell DH beforehand so he knows to expect it or just 'surprise' him?
I've never done stage kisses before. All new to me.

TIA

InfinitySeven Sun 09-Nov-14 21:52:51

I would. I'd probably tell my DP that the best part of the play is my steamy kiss with a hot guy, but he'd find it funny and he knows my sense of humour.

How is your DH likely to react? Does he know about the previous kisses? Why/why not?

mckenzie Sun 09-Nov-14 22:20:20

What previous kisses infinityseven? If you mean in rehearsals then no, I've not mentioned it until now.
I've not deliberately not told him, I just was told by another member of the drama group that she never tells her DH, always lets him just follow the play and see the kisses in context. I'd just followed her advice but now I'm thinking I'd rather tell him maybe.

theposterformallyknownas Sun 09-Nov-14 22:23:44

I think you should warn him and maybe demonstrate how you do it so he understands it isn't really much more than a peck on the cheek.

Just out of interest you do know the difference yourself? grin
Only joking, as have visions of OP husband jumping up out of seat and decking the male principle.

mckenzie Sun 09-Nov-14 22:29:25

Honestly, I have no desire to snog this guy at all. I try and keep all the kisses and cuddles to an absolute minimum.
He's not my type at all. In fact, I think it's a sign of what a brilliant actress I am that I'm able to carry this part off grin

InfinitySeven Sun 09-Nov-14 22:50:03

Ahem sorry, had a reptile climbing all over me and I misinterpreted the "several kisses" bit.

I'd tell him. He has time to get his head round it and be prepared then, and it somehow makes it less of a big deal than keeping it secret.

SorrelForbes Sun 09-Nov-14 22:59:01

Definitely tell him beforehand. I had to kiss two guys in a show last year. DH wasn't exactly thrilled but when he saw the actual kisses (mostly comedy type moments) he was sort of prepared for the worst. A friend in the audience said she saw DH raise an eyebrow a couple of times grin . TBH it also depends on the type of show and type of kiss. Mine was a musical and I spent most of it upside down, being snogged and showing my bloomers! I think DH might struggle more with a serious type embrace.

mckenzie Mon 10-Nov-14 08:05:56

Thanks guys for the posts. I told DH last night. He said he knew that I had a 'lover' in the play so had guessed as much.
We laughed about it and I feel much better now. So pleased I've told him beforehand.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now