Talk

Advanced search

No nursery

(6 Posts)
Natalie132 Thu 06-Nov-14 15:22:19

Hi, we have just moved into a 2 bed bungalow having had the intention to do an extension in a few years. Now we're nearly 5 months pregnant and I'm more and more aware that we won't have a nursery for the little one. Has anyone been in this position? I've no idea where everything's going to go :-/ xx

nappiesandnaptimes Thu 06-Nov-14 15:27:30

Will the baby not be having the second bedroom?

RC1234 Thu 06-Nov-14 15:28:16

Not me personally but friends have been in same position. Babies tend to spend first 4-5 months at least in parents room is that not an option. Change mat can be shoved under bed when not in use etc. Is 9 months a reasonable timescale to sort something out?

theposterformallyknownas Thu 06-Nov-14 15:29:00

I would put baby in the second bedroom.

tywysogesgymraeg Thu 06-Nov-14 15:33:45

Yep, baby in second bedroom. Or are you posh, and in fact having a nursery would necessitate a third room (ie as well as a bedroom)?

You still have 4 months left to get it painted etc. But you won't need the room, other than to keep baby's clothes, toys etc in for a month or so after he/she's born. Most people have the baby in with them in the early days.

AnnieLobeseder Thu 06-Nov-14 15:36:41

Babies usually sleep in with you for around 6 months anyway (or a year if you're DD2 and refuse to sleep so can't be moved in with big sister).

Do you already have a child using the second bedroom? If so, you can move them in together once baby is sleeping through. Babies don't really mind if they don't have a nursery of their own. Mine have shared a room since DD2 moved out of our room and are now 6 and 9 yo.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now