Advanced search

Legal advice?!

(3 Posts)
Droflove Sat 12-Jul-14 09:45:01

Just checked and apparently he does have a right to enter the home as a co-owner until ownership is transferred or you get a barring order for violence etc which doesn't seem to apply in this case.

Droflove Fri 11-Jul-14 21:52:28

I think you need to get a solicitor. I dont think he can demand entry to your home if you are separated. But you need to get proper advice on that.

treaclefeet Tue 08-Jul-14 16:48:39

Hi all, I'm getting divorced and have 3 kids. We're in the house as he walked out. It's in joint names but I pay all the mortgage, bills etc and he sporadically pays less than the minimum of child support.
I allow him ample access to the kids which he doesn't use, he only spends a few hours a week with them.
I drop them at his place for him to see them but he objects to this as he lives with his brother and sister in law so says he doesn't get time alone with kids.
He insists he wants to see the kids here and claims he has a legal right to enter as his name is on the deeds??
He has never been violent/threatening etc but constantly makes snide comments towards me, often in front of the kids. The situation always leads to arguments.
Where do I stand legally??

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now