Advanced search

Help with council housing?

(2 Posts)
EllasCloset Wed 09-Apr-14 21:38:23

Hi all ,
I'm writing because I'm not sure what to do for the best and I was hoping someone might have some experience in this field .
I moved in with my partner 4 years ago with my daughter who was then is his house and I am not on the tenancy only as an occupant.
I made an appt with a solicitor and she informed me even if he left the property the h/a could seek possession and I wouldn't be awarded tenant status.
It's been two years since I wanted to separate so I went to the housing and was awarded band c with my local council .
I thought given band c was medium priority I'd be housed pretty quickly however this is not the case as I've been waiting over two years!
I want to separate as my x has been emotionally abusive past and present gets angry very quickly ,for trivial things and has punched one of the doors in our current home .
I am feeling despondent and also depressed I would love a p/t job or to go to uni but I need to sort a home out first .
I've thought of leaving myself and going into a temporary accommodation like a hostel not sure if it will help my claim though .
I do not have enough money to go to a private landlord and would struggle to find guarantor etc as not working.
Thanks for taking the time to read this post any advice appreciated

wheresthelight Fri 11-Apr-14 08:46:48

Speak to women's aid and even social services as they may be able to help get you up the list

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now