Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

am I being paranoid..... re neighbours baby?

(16 Posts)
dopamax Wed 26-Mar-14 10:39:32

baby was born last October, I saw the baby day after they came home. They had moved in few months before, young couple in there early 20s.
They already have a 4 yr old girl. Have popped in once more before the Christmas period to drop of some post, baby seemed ok, well asleep, place was a complete mess, mum did confess to me she was drinking heavily on top of sleeping pills.
Have never ever seen her out with the baby boy in pram or putting him in the car seat to go out anywhere ever, no baby cries through joining rooms nothing and have very uneasy feeling....wwyd?

LoopyDoopyDoo Wed 26-Mar-14 10:41:20

Have you seen the 4 year old?

BigArea Wed 26-Mar-14 10:42:17

Could you knock and see if she fancies a cuppa?

MissMilbanke Wed 26-Mar-14 10:43:15

Maybe you are being paranoid… maybe not.

But that sounds really odd to me all things being equal.

Do you know if she has a HV or do you have one you could contact ?

shakinstevenslovechild Wed 26-Mar-14 10:46:22

I think I would go and buy a couple of second hand babygros or a couple of rattles or something and say I was having a clear out and found them as an excuse to pop over and have a closer look without it being too obvious.

I think my next port of call would be calling NSPCC if all isn't as it should be.

MoominsYonisAreScary Wed 26-Mar-14 10:48:58

Could you pop round and see if she fancys a cuppa? Or make some excuse up? Waiting for a letter that theve said has been sent but hasnt arrived, just wondering if it had gone to you by mistake maybe

MoominsYonisAreScary Wed 26-Mar-14 10:49:59

Or the baby grows toys idea is a good one

ShadowFall Wed 26-Mar-14 12:38:48

Yes the idea about taking round some baby clothes / toys that you've just "found while tidying" etc sounds like a good idea, would give you an excuse to ask after baby.

Hopefully that would give you a chance to see whether the paranoia is justified or whether there's some innocent explanation.

Partridge Wed 26-Mar-14 13:02:15

I volunteer for parentline in Scotland - I am sure there is a similar service in England...

We have lots of calls from concerned neighbours - we can also contact social services anonymously on your behalf if you have a concern about a child. More importantly we would listen to your concerns and help you to come up with a plan...

dopamax Wed 26-Mar-14 17:52:22

the idea of popping in now is not possible with a baby gro or something as early next week am going in for a big op, have not done anything before as am very unwell with brain tumour and have my own support network of nurses and care in for me.
I still do my school walk but never now see her do her do hers with 4 yr old as she did when she first moved in, we live in a property with a shared entrance so I do know, feel should be putting a call in?

YouAreMyRain Wed 26-Mar-14 18:04:24

Listen to your gut. Make the call. You won't relax until you do. Better that too many calls are made than too few.

RhondaJean Wed 26-Mar-14 23:19:13

Call. Usually I'd say probably you are paranoid but as she's admitted drinking and taking pills, call.

And do it as soon as you can.

Hope your health improves.

defonamechangedforthis Wed 26-Mar-14 23:47:01

if its worried you then I'd make a call

PopOfTheTops Wed 26-Mar-14 23:55:09

That's sounds a bit odd. Do you see the four year old out with her?

curiousgeorgie Thu 27-Mar-14 00:07:45

I'd definitely pop by... The baby grows are a good idea, or sometimes my neighbour knocks to let me know they're going to be drilling or anything, so that could be an option?

HappyGoLuckyGirl Thu 27-Mar-14 00:08:28

If you have to ask about making a call then you need to make the call.

Do it anonymously if you have to.

Hope your op goes well and your health improves. thanks

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now