Talk

Advanced search

Dds friends dog bit her

(10 Posts)
whatnowwyd Tue 25-Mar-14 09:21:08

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

BigArea Tue 25-Mar-14 10:04:32

Report and obviously don't allow her to go there again - they could quite easily shut the dog in while friends are around since it clearly has form, but they choose not to - unfortunately they are not protecting either their guests or the dog. Take photos straight away if you haven't already done so and I would report along with the other parents.

JohnFarleysRuskin Tue 25-Mar-14 10:07:41

The same happened to a friend of mine. I believe she reported it but was told as it was inside the friends house, it wouldn't be followed up - or something like that.

Id ring 101 for advice.

LegoCaltrops Tue 25-Mar-14 10:10:35

Report. This dog is obviously poorly controlled & may end up seriously hurting someone. Hope your DD is ok now.

Catnuzzle Tue 25-Mar-14 10:12:40

If it occurred within the home address, there is little that the police can do. However I would still report the dog (and the owners).

wheresthelight Tue 25-Mar-14 10:32:35

Catnuzzle you are incorrect i am afraid. The dog has a history of biting and therefore the police can impose sanctions and if needs be can force the dog to be destroyed, but the parents of the other 3 kids will need to make complaints also

Definitely report to the police OP - next time the child may not be as lucky

Catnuzzle Tue 25-Mar-14 16:42:30

Wheres under what section of the Dangerous Dogs Act can the police take any action? If the dog was where it was allowed to be (ie in its own home) then that is a private place and Dangerous Dogs Act does not apply, different if the dog was in a public place or a private place without permission.

JohnFarleysRuskin Tue 25-Mar-14 16:54:09

That's what my friend was told too catnuzzle.

wheresthelight Tue 25-Mar-14 19:00:10

Not what we were told when a friends dog bit a child that was visiting their home

BackOnlyBriefly Tue 25-Mar-14 19:25:00

Not sure, but I think the law changed a bit recently or at least the guidelines on how to apply it. I'd report it anyway. If it turns out they can do nothing then at least they are aware of it and you know you did your best.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now