Talk

Advanced search

women that works at nursery keeps flirting with my boyfriend!!!

(33 Posts)
jessjamiecoby199 Sun 23-Mar-14 17:52:32

Everytime we go to pick my lb up from nursery she always going straight up to him. Always touching him somehow. She always giving me dirty looks. And she asked him to add him on fb which he didnt do. She always little remarks about his looks (basically saying he is fit and things like that). Really need some advice as i cant take it anymore and i dont want my children going to a nursery where the staff are unprofessional. Thanks jess

GotMyGoat Sun 23-Mar-14 17:54:13

Report to the manager - at least about the asking to add on facebook - that is incredibly unprofessional. You'll look a bit mad if you go in screaming 'she's after my man!" but in a nursery staff really shouldn't be blending their personal lifes with that of the children's for safeguarding reasons at least.

CrispyHedgeHog Sun 23-Mar-14 17:54:39

duff her up

GotMyGoat Sun 23-Mar-14 17:56:43

Crispy grin

jessjamiecoby199 Sun 23-Mar-14 18:18:11

How do i go about as i dont want my partner thinking im going over the top about it and it causing a argument between us

Morgause Sun 23-Mar-14 18:21:08

It's up to you BF to show her he isn't interested. He's probably enjoying the attention.

Littlefish Sun 23-Mar-14 18:25:43

Asking to add him on facebook is absolutely wrong and completely unprofessional. Your partner needs to be really clear with her and say that he is not interested in adding her on facebook.

Only1scoop Sun 23-Mar-14 18:27:21

The add on FB thing.

How unprofessional.

No staff at my nursery would ever do that. Awful.

YoungBodyOldHead Sun 23-Mar-14 18:28:01

I ve worked in a number of nurseries and this is very common!

Well not the telling parents that they are fit bit, but certainly giving the father of one of the children 'the eye'

Are you sure shes told him hes 'fit' ?

TheReluctantCountess Sun 23-Mar-14 18:29:06

What has your boyfriend said about it?

DrankSangriaInThePark Sun 23-Mar-14 18:30:46

He needs to tell her to stop it, doesn't he?

You don't need to do anything. Unless he doesn't deal with it. In which case your problem is not her.

usualsuspectt Sun 23-Mar-14 18:33:43

He needs to deal with it.

PatriciaHolm Sun 23-Mar-14 18:36:36

Nothing to do with you, im afraid . If he is uncomfortable with it , he needs to say something and make it clear it's unacceptable and unwelcome, but he's not your possession to defend.

Catsmamma Sun 23-Mar-14 18:38:33

Just stand by the door and do the my eyes, your eyes flicky finger thing when he next goes to collect the little one.

NurseyWursey Sun 23-Mar-14 18:39:31

It's his job to stop it and put her straight, not yours. What has he said about it?

GotMyGoat Sun 23-Mar-14 19:10:00

The way to go about it is to complain to the manager about the facebook add thing, and say you were concerned that maybe staff aren't up to date with the safeguarding policies and that you thought it was a little bit unprofessional.

Any manager worth their role would put two and two together and give the staff member a bollocking, without you having to look like a mental banshee. Everyones happy!

Martorana Sun 23-Mar-14 19:14:02

Whatever anyone does it shouldn't be you doing it!

jessjamiecoby199 Sun 23-Mar-14 19:32:47

Hiya thanks for the replys i spoke to my partner about it and he dont think she is flirting with him at all :s and yes he told me himself that she said he was very good looking and quite fit.

Pasithea Sun 23-Mar-14 19:41:23

I'd be smacking fuck out of her.

NurseyWursey Sun 23-Mar-14 19:42:03

Part of your problem is your DP then. Surely if you can see it he can?

usualsuspectt Sun 23-Mar-14 19:58:37

No you wouldn't, Pasithea

MostWicked Sun 23-Mar-14 19:58:47

I'd be smacking fuck out of her

Really? Why?

She can flirt if she wants to flirt. It's up to the fella if he reciprocates.
The FB thing is unprofessional, but she'd probably just deny it.

I couldn't give a monkey if someone wants to try to flirt with my DH. He's with me, and no amount of flirting from someone else is going to change that. I trust him completely.

OP, this is entirely down to your OH to deal with - if it needs dealing with.

jessjamiecoby199 Sun 23-Mar-14 20:19:35

Isnt it a bit unprofesional for her to be flirting with my oh but also in front of my lb????

DrankSangriaInThePark Sun 23-Mar-14 20:42:47

Would you Pasithea?

Classy.

MostWicked Sun 23-Mar-14 21:14:59

Your lb will neither notice nor care.
Your OH could put a stop to it if he felt there was anything inappropriate. If he doesn't think there is a problem, then it's probably not that overt.
If you complain, you'll probably look a bit of a prat
She isn't actually doing any harm is she

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now