Talk

Advanced search

Mummy - what's a mewling quim?

(3 Posts)
NatFrenchie Thu 20-Mar-14 19:00:36

This was the question my DS asked me the other day having watched the movie Avengers Assemble.

I didn't think anything of it and said "I've no idea darling, let's have a look on Google".

To my horror, I discovered that a mewling quim is a misogynistic way of describing a certain part of a lady's anatomy, luckily for me the particular website we looked at referred to it as a vagina as opposed to the other word that is used on other sites I have looked at since.

Now admittedly the film is actually rated 12 and my son is an unworldly 10 but naively I thought it was just a Marvel superhero film and therefore possibly rather violent but in a comic fantasy kind of way. I had no idea that film makers would consider using this kind of language between a male character and female character for a film with this rating.

My son then decided he needed more information on vaginas etc, so now it looks like the sex chat is on the agenda - something I was hoping to defer for a while.

I will never be able to think of Iron Man et al in the same way again!

WowserBowser Thu 20-Mar-14 19:01:48

grin

Blithereens Thu 20-Mar-14 19:06:33

grin grin grin

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now