Talk

Advanced search

Business tweet abuse

(6 Posts)
LLK78 Sun 09-Mar-14 22:15:08

A business on twitter called "Just Sussex Buffets" tweeted a request for possible venues for wedding receptions/ vintage tea parties asking for venues with a kitchen and specifically "tea urns".
I replied stating "isn't that all church halls".
Naively I meant it as a pleasant reply but had the reply back "we use Bars not churches Get a life!"
Then in a second tweet asked if my twitter name linked to my avatar with the phrase "what "Gold" stand for ugly kid" .
A picture of my 3 yr old daughter is my avatar.

I took this as a personal insult.

I'm aware of trolls etc on social media and individuals having strange and rude opinions but this is an account representing a business.

I retweeted the insults stating "should a Brighton/sussex business communicate like this?" but haven't replied directly to them.

A friend called the company to ask about the insulting tweets and the owner denied they tweeted them but would not take a number to call back after investigating (my friends suggestion) and clearly stated "and we won't be apologising".

They've since tweeted rudely about me but not directly to me.

Part of me wants to just walk away. Another part of me wants an apology- I would make my children apologise if they ever said such things!
I'm also aware she's a business wanting to cater for peoples weddings, hen do's - with that customer service I'd hate to think what she might say to someone who crossed her on their special day!

Thoughts...

LunchLadyWannabe Sun 09-Mar-14 22:21:48

My dhs business in on twitter.

Its quite a nasty environment i find. Dh has mentioned on a few occasions were people have tweeted offensive things to him. He used to respond back, until i pointed out that as he has 12,000 business followers, it was very unprofessional of him to debate with these idiots.

Since then he just blocks people who tweet him looking for a row.

Honestly its not worth the stress. She wont get far with her business with that attitude.

Your better off ignoring it. thanks

AlwaysOneMissing Sun 09-Mar-14 22:23:44

That is horrendous on their behalf. How totally inappropriate and insulting.

If I were you I would probably just periodically retweet their nasty tweets. Whether this has any effect on their potential client base will never be known to you, but it would still make me feel better doing it!! <childish>

Sorry they were so horrible about your DD flowers

ThinkAboutItTomorrow Sun 09-Mar-14 22:24:33

I would just make sure you share this as widely as you can - then walk away. At this stage, with this level of insult, you aren't going to get anything from them, approaching an apology. Just do what you can to ensure anyone considering dealing with them know what it is they are letting themselves in for.

LLK78 Wed 12-Mar-14 23:14:31

Thanks for your support & advice!
Its been a few days and its still very much on my mind which is frustrating me! And no apology of course. Its even still all on Twitter they've not deleted anything. I have however removed my dd picture.
Its finding the line btw not becoming fuelled by her bad will towards others yet also not letting the bully think its ok to insult people!
Ahhhhh!And breath!
But yes just to remind anyone in Sussex I do not suggest using Just Buffets Sussex or Vintage Tea Party Sussex!

brettgirl2 Fri 14-Mar-14 07:32:09

I guess the issue is all publicity is good publicity so arguably you are advertising their services.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now