Talk

Advanced search

Office romance...

(6 Posts)
NervousNervous Tue 04-Feb-14 22:44:56

Or not. My friend who is 31 is attracted to an older man at work he's 50. He's been told she is attracted to him but they never have reason to speak because it's different departments. The thing is he shows her he is interested by looking at her all the time, but if she's in his way or walking towards him he walks in the opposite direction. He doesn't know much about her and she doesn't know much about him but they're something between them. I think she should talk to him and get to know him but she feels it's only because he's aware she likes him that he gets weird around her.

I'm very out if touch having been married forever so what should she do???

JeanSeberg Tue 04-Feb-14 22:47:41

Run.

NervousNervous Wed 05-Feb-14 17:33:38

Should she not go for it?

JeanSeberg Wed 05-Feb-14 21:20:14

Go for what? He can't even bring himself to speak to her.

But this is a wind-up isn't it.

DrNick Wed 05-Feb-14 21:21:48

has she a booger on her nose? Is that why he looks?

deelite72 Fri 07-Feb-14 11:24:20

My office romance became my husband. So part of me is inclined to say "Go for it!" BUT I won't. His 'body language' says he's not interested. Trust me, different departments never stops love from happening. He would by now have made it a point to speak with her. He's 50, he's been around a while and is not afraid of approaching a woman. And I bet you he is married, so seriously, I wouldn't encourage her. He may 'look' at her, but if he walks in the opposite direction the moment they share space, it means he is trying to avoid her. He's not weird. He's married. I think your friend sounds a bit obsessed. The fact is, he has not spoken to her and he is not going to make an effort to. Let it go. He's a married guy. I can smell it from here.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now