Talk

Advanced search

Private browsing on dh laptop???

(4 Posts)
reyhansmummy Tue 28-Jan-14 15:26:04

Hello All, my dh just went on holiday and I stayed home with my ds.. When I went on the laptop in the search bar it says private browsing is on but it wasn't on before he left to go on hol .. Makes me wonder what he was doing on it to hide and me and him are the only ones that go on it so it is obviously something to hide from me making me feel very paranoid. He doesn't have the best track record which makes me feel this way am I over re acting? Haven't mentioned it to him because he will obviously lie and say he don't know how it got on

lottieandmia Fri 31-Jan-14 16:08:17

What do you mean by 'track record'?

confettiwoman Sun 02-Feb-14 16:15:36

Ok i can understand, but personally i use private browsing if i'm doing any shopping on ebay or amazon as it doesn't then remember the items i've looked at, so in the run up to xmas, birthdays, and valentines day i wouldn't want my DH seeing things i've been looking at for him in the 'you last looked at these'. Also certain 'adult' sites have web addresses very similar to legitimate websites, ie youtube but the adult one is along the lines of youprawn (excuse the spelling, didn't want MN to spam it), so if we decide to get fruity either alone or together, we put the laptop onto PB to stop that coming up if we ever type youtube into the webaddress when we have visitors etc.
Or you know, just ask him.

meeemooo Sat 08-Feb-14 20:32:48

Call him up and say "hi honey your internet browser seems to be on something called private browsing - Is it supposed to be like that or should I change it back?" and judge from his reactions what you will. Personally I use incognito lots of times and nobody else is even allowed to touch my laptop! If you develop websites it's useful because it doesn't cache changes, you don't get cookies stored which affect every advert that pops up on the page, you can see search results which haven't been carefully selected for you by Google based on your previous preferences and so on.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now