Advanced search

...if you discovered a parent using a messaging service to bully a child

(14 Posts)
Loonytoonie Mon 09-Dec-13 22:46:54

Just that really.

Don't want to say too much but this is a genuine request for a WWYD.

A parent has admitted cyber-bullying a 10yr old child and both the Mum and her own child have been targetting them using a free messanger service. WWY expect the school they attend to do?

ShellyF Mon 09-Dec-13 22:49:21

Inform the police

EssentialCoffee Mon 09-Dec-13 22:54:17

I would report it to the schools head teacher and request a face to face meeting to discuss it. I think like the first poster, I would be very tempted to involve the police as surely it is harassment?

What a horrible adult to bully a child, they must be incredibly insecure to act like this, or just plain nasty I don't know. sad

Loonytoonie Mon 09-Dec-13 22:54:34

ShellyF - yes. There really isn't an alternative, is there...?

Loonytoonie Mon 09-Dec-13 22:55:54

Oops x posted.
Thanks Essential.

optimusic Mon 09-Dec-13 23:07:50

I don't think the school would be able to do anything really, because it's not happened in school. Yes, chances are they would have a generic conversation with the whole school and send a newsletter home about cyberbullying, but I think that would be it.

Instead contact CEOP. These are the child exploitation and online protection centre. They are trained to handle these and other situations, unlike possibly your local bobby who might not be fully aware of the legal ramifications.

Madlizzy Mon 09-Dec-13 23:10:09

Screenshots if possible and speak to the police. this isn't down to the school as it's an adult who is now involved.

Loonytoonie Mon 09-Dec-13 23:20:15

Thank optimusic and Madlizzy.
CEOP is a good idea although there's no sexual content as such - does that matter?

Lettucesnow Mon 09-Dec-13 23:28:44

No, it doesn't matter. CEOP is for any form of cyber abuse.

Loonytoonie Mon 09-Dec-13 23:38:36

Ok. Then I think that's a good starting point.

Thanks everyone.

Madlizzy Wed 11-Dec-13 22:58:24

Any update?

Loonytoonie Thu 12-Dec-13 04:06:29

CEOP were helpful but advised for local police to be informed.

Local bobby is going to pay parent a visit.

Parent in question has been spoken to at length and they are not in the least bit remorseful.

Appalling angry

FixItUpChappie Thu 12-Dec-13 04:33:25

I'd file a harassment complaint with the police - definitely

FixItUpChappie Thu 12-Dec-13 04:35:33

If it was my child I'd consider having a lawyer draw up a letter too....threating civil litigation for emotional damages should it continue or whatever the legalease is.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now