Advanced search

Neigbour banging on the wall

(15 Posts)
dste40 Sat 05-Oct-13 11:28:15

And again thus morning we had a problem. We can't even talk in a normal voice and she knocks. Does anyone know if I can take some legal action ir something? It is really affecting my family but especially me. I have knots in my stomach everytime I enter my own home!
Please help.

dste40 Fri 04-Oct-13 22:13:36

Stella, I have been given diary sheets on few occasions. Curiously this woman stops for long periods of time during which case gets closed. She resumes again couple of months later. This time around though I have insisted on case staying open and managed to gather few sheets of facts. I have also requested noise level monitor because I am sure if anyone hears about this case they automatically assume the noise must be bad because of the child. I find myself explaining that my child isn't really noisy but I guess people do not believe...

stella69x Fri 04-Oct-13 21:07:42

Keep a diary of all the banging and other incidents of harassment that she causes you. Housing associations need months of evidence before they can/will act. The diary will act as evidence for them and the police.

deepfriedsage Fri 04-Oct-13 21:03:26

Don't doubt yourself. Don't answer the door to her, don't engage.

dste40 Fri 04-Oct-13 20:48:03

RevelRoulette, when she came to my door I told her I did all I could and will no longer shush my child or make effort and when new baby comes I will put it right next to the wall just to spite her.
All of your comments make me feel better. I knew this woman is being unreasonable but after while you start doubting yourself.

dste40 Fri 04-Oct-13 20:44:01

Oh, trust me, I have knocked back. I even turned on music REALLY loud just to show her what noise really is. All this to no avail.Thought things will get better when LO starts nursery (we are out by 8.50) but no, she doesn't appreciate any of this.

deepfriedsage Fri 04-Oct-13 18:09:42

If you are a homeowner you will have to declare this when you move. If she rents you can report her to her LL.

RevelsRoulette Fri 04-Oct-13 17:52:11

Stop bending over for this woman. Reasonable noise is to be expected. You can't have a totally silent household. The more you show yourself to be giving in to her totally unreasonable demands, the more of them she will make!

You need to go on the attack here. Report her.

lottieandmia Fri 04-Oct-13 17:49:05

There are people like this in every area who have no life and need a project so start picking on whoever lives nearby. A similar thing happened to a friend of mine. Just refuse to engage with her and call the police.

SaskiaRembrandtVampireHunter Fri 04-Oct-13 17:46:28

"She has come to my door and proceeded to attack my parenting and told me that I should not have another child (I am heavily pregnant) because I have no room for it! When I tried to shut the door she put her foot in it and held the door open!"

Well, if she does anything like that again, I'd call the police.

MadameOvary Fri 04-Oct-13 17:45:59

Um, this is harrassment isn't it???
You are being too accomodating to this unreasonable woman. Time to fight back and say you'll involve the police if she doesn't leave you alone.

lottieandmia Fri 04-Oct-13 17:45:52

Have you contacted the police? This is harassment.

deepfriedsage Fri 04-Oct-13 17:45:52

Don't answer the door to her.

Nevercan Fri 04-Oct-13 17:43:47

How about knocking back to prove how annoying it is or tell her that you are aware of the issue but doing your best. However children are never going to be quietgrin

dste40 Fri 04-Oct-13 12:58:00

I have a neighbor that keeps banging on my wall supposedly because my child is making noise. It has started with her complaining that he cries and I don't comfort him, that I shout at him then she proceeded to complain when he played with musical toys, LEGO blocks, that I sing to him, that I talk on phone, Skype, that I hoover and now she knoks when he speaks loudly!
Now, I have tried to be accommodating as she says she needs to sleep in the morning (sometimes she knocks at 10.30am!) and have moved my childs bedroom thus eliminating noise from toys and avoid talking loudly on phone and computer (go to another room), I have stopped hoovering and have done my best to keep quiet but NOTHING seems good enough to this woman. She has come to my door and proceeded to attack my parenting and told me that I should not have another child (I am heavily pregnant) because I have no room for it! When I tried to shut the door she put her foot in it and held the door open! I am at the end of my tether, my child is quite placid and seriously doesn't make that much noise! Her knocking on my wall is causing me considerable distress and I have given up on trying to accommodate her needs. After all my toddler and I and I are entitled to LIVE our live without this king of intimidation!
Housing association is very slow in getting involved and resolving this. Mediation has not helped!
Any other ideas please?

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now