Talk

Advanced search

I have been denied my views on a Mumsnet forum

(14 Posts)
moonshinestar Fri 17-May-13 17:04:48

On this - www.mumsnet.com/Talk/primary/1000195-Kumon-review?msgid=39099341#39099341 - Mumsnet forum a fellow poster has been continuously disregarding my views and opinions and accusing me of being her troll (something banned in the talk guidelines). The problem is that there have been trolls on this page before and that I can understand why she would think I was one originally. However, after explaining to her that I wasn't a troll she still ignored me. I find it hard to understand why she is doing this to me because surely a real troll from Kumon:
a) Would never go to this much effort
b) Would never continue to argue with a fellow poster and risk as the commenter wisely reasoned - "they do not reflect well on Kumon, incidentally - just the opposite."

I simply wanted to express my opinion on a matter I had first hand experience on (I did Kumon) and due to the fact that I was a new user (I didn't know you couldn't post on an 'old' thread) and I'm wondering if:
a) I have done something terrible I don't realise
b) There is anything I can do to protest against this?

Thanks in advance,
Kirsty x

moonshinestar Fri 17-May-13 17:06:46

By the way this has nothing to do with your views on Kumon but only your views on free speech/posts ;)

Sparklingbrook Fri 17-May-13 17:08:59

That thread was started in 2010. Report your above post to MNHQ and ask them?

MaryQueenOfSpots Fri 17-May-13 17:10:36

If it were me, I'd just have a namechange and talk about something other than Kumon for a bit. There are some nice posters on MN, but just as in RL you meet people you don't get on with, same here.

usualsuspect Fri 17-May-13 17:12:15

Email MNHQ and ask them.

ImTooHecsyForYourParty Fri 17-May-13 17:17:53

email them.

contactus@mumsnet.com

You are best off asking the owners of the site directly.

Mom268 Fri 17-May-13 17:20:37

Message deleted by Mumsnet for breaking our Talk Guidelines. Replies may also be deleted.

HelenMumsnet (MNHQ) Fri 17-May-13 17:21:44

Hello hello. Moonshinestar, we responded to your mail to us at 4.31pm today.

Have you not received it?

LtEveDallas Fri 17-May-13 17:23:39

Oh well done feenie (on that thread). I didn't bother to RTFT (no interest) but <<head explodes>> made me grin

moonshinestar Fri 17-May-13 17:27:11

Yes Helen, I have but only read it just now, after starting this thread. Thank you for response and I understand your view, though I think it is a shame that my first hand experience of the program won't be of use to others.

HelenMumsnet (MNHQ) Fri 17-May-13 17:27:53

And, just to be clear, no one was accusing you of trolling, moonshinestar.

You were reported to us as a possible spammer. Which is something different entirely.

As we said in our mail to you, we do think, in hindsight, that we were wrong to delete your posts as spam. It was an honest mistake, given that they were your first posts on Mumsnet and on a thread was had become inactive and which had been regularly targeted by spammers before, and we have apologised to you - and do so again here.

moonshinestar Fri 17-May-13 17:30:13

Thank you

moonshinestar Fri 17-May-13 17:31:19

Do you think it is worth repeating my views or is not worth it? Thanks again btw

Feenie Fri 17-May-13 18:20:07

Thanks, LtEveDallas grin

Moonshinestar - why not start your own thread, one that hasn't already been targetted by a billion spammers? I think that would give your views a better chance of being taken seriously.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now