Talk

Advanced search

Son keeps getting bitten.

(3 Posts)
tricksybaby200 Tue 14-May-13 17:54:59

Ds is 18 months and on toddler room at nursery. Been bit three times in two weeks. Scratched once. Unexplained cut once. He's In nursery 4 days a week. The bites are sufficiently hard to leave teeth mark bruises long past the day it happened. Scratches and cut have scabbed.
Staff have given a time out for the kids in question, and tell parents. The bites are from two different kids. I realise its something kids this age do. My son is not blameless. He pushes kids if they try to take toys off him. He will rough house for fun. Trying to stop him. All the kids involved are toddlers and this is what they do. You reprimand them and hope they learn.

What I'm trying to work out is what I should expect nursery to do about it, as even though normal for kids that age I think in a two week period this is excessive and dont want my kid keep getting bit. he is noticeably distressed on the days its happened. today it happened at 2pm and he'd been teary since and still was at 5 when I collected him. He rarely cries at other times.
A pusher ( my son) and two biters is not a good mix. Going to see manager about my concerns but I think it's always a good idea if you know what you want the outcome to be. The problem is I'm not sure what they can do.
Thanks for reading, all advice gratefully received!

AThingInYourLife Tue 14-May-13 18:02:11

I would be concerned about the level of supervision at the nursery if he's come home with significant marks (whatever the cause) that frequently in such a short space if time.

There's not a lot you can do with small toddlers to stop them hurting themselves/each other, other than watching them very closely at all times.

You are paying them good money to do just that.

But clearly they are not doing it.

tricksybaby200 Wed 15-May-13 17:49:37

Thanks for the reply. Gave me the confidence I needed. As it was nursery were fab and we have a plan to move forward. Thanks again x

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now