Talk

Advanced search

Should I leave my husband??

(9 Posts)
Rcm25 Tue 14-May-13 17:07:32

I have had a horrible couple of days and would love some neutral 3rd party advice as I am so conflicted. I found out on Sunday my husband is on a GPS social networking site which uses your position to find people geographically close to you to talk to. Within this site you can join certain groups so it can show you people with similar interests. This wasn't so much of a problem as I trusted my husband completely but the groups he has joined are over 30's singles, 20's and 30s singles, black singles, partyers, I love Latinos etc and all the people he has been talking to are single women. We have been together for 6 years and have two children together but he has cheated on me twice before. I confronted him about this and he said he must have clicked on those groups by accident. When he realised I wasn't buying it he admitted he was in the wrong and was sorry. I think that I only have proof he was making himself available to other women but he could very well have cheated. He never wears his wedding ring but I hadn't thought anything of it until now. I feel so angry with him and I don't know what to do now. It completely blind sighted me as i thought we had perfect marriage and were very happy. How will I ever trust him again? Should I just leave?? What would you do???

myroomisatip Tue 14-May-13 23:44:12

I suggest you post on Relationships.

My opinion on this?

I would make plans on leaving! Very careful, precise, deliberate plans!

Mixxy Sat 18-May-13 05:22:12

Leave him. He'll have all the free tome he wants to chase tail and you wont be treated like a moron.

DaydreamDolly Sat 18-May-13 06:46:16

I don't see how you can stay. I'm sorry sad

CuntChops Sat 18-May-13 06:55:11

You didn't have the perfect marriage though did you? He has cheated on you twice already, in 6 years, and very probably more you don't know about. I would leave, he's made it impossible to trust him IMO. I'm sorry sad

Theironfistofarkus Sat 18-May-13 07:01:54

He is a cheat and he has done it at least twice and probably many more times. Sounds to me as if you have 2 choices. 1. Stay knowing that he will almost certainly keep cheating on you or 2. Leave him. Both are very tough but the second one likely gives you a better chance of long term happiness.

cantreachmytoes Sat 18-May-13 07:06:45

Did you post on Relationships? If not, at least check it out as there is some excellent advice on HOW to leave ie getting financials in order etc before you go.

And yes. You could choose to stay with him, but in 10 years you'll be a shadow of yourself and he'll have cheated again.

I'm so sorry.

TheBirdsFellDownToDingADong Sat 18-May-13 07:07:28

Make your plans. Pack your cases. Post on relationships.

He's fucking around. You probably need an STD test as well.

twofalls Sat 18-May-13 07:19:06

But I am afraid to say you didn't/don't have the perfect marriage. He cheated twice before and possibly other times. If you stay, you need to do so in the knowledge that he will continually cheat. Personally, I couldn't do that and I think women who do stay with cheating husbands have their self esteem completely stripped away. Do you want that and more importantly do you want that type of relationship as a model for your dc? Ultimately it is your choice but I think you need to start by facing up to the fact your marriage certainly isn't perfect. I am so, so sorry this has happened.

You will get loads of support and advice on the relationships board.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now