Talk

Advanced search

Birthday present dilemma

(7 Posts)
Shutupanddrive Thu 09-May-13 19:24:23

I have a friend who only lives about 5 minutes away but I rarely see her unless I make the effort to go there. To be fair she has 3 dc's under the age of 5 so is very busy!
We used to be very close before having children (I have two aged 7&3) but have drifted apart a bit since. She is ds1's godmother (and her partner godfather).
Getting to the point - we have always given each others dc's birthday and Xmas presents. When it was my dc2's birthday recently she just sent a text saying happy birthday etc etc.
One of her dc's birthdays is coming up in the next few weeks and I'm wondering whether to send a present or just a card, or nothing? I'm not too fussed that she didn't send anything for my DS, as I don't give to receive iyswim. And it's not about her, it's the children. So what do I do? I'm thinking of just sending a card with maybe £5 in it, or should I take the hint and leave it? Confused

SillyBlueHat Thu 09-May-13 19:31:00

Take the hint and leave it. I'd be relieved at less presents to buy.

Shutupanddrive Fri 10-May-13 09:31:29

Hi yes I am relieved at less presents to buy, maybe she feels the same

givemeaclue Fri 10-May-13 09:32:55

Yes, one less present. Put a card through door

toffeelolly Sun 12-May-13 18:06:10

Just drop a card bywink

heronsfly Sun 12-May-13 18:10:18

I would just drop a card in too,although i think she should give her Godchild a bit extra.

Shutupanddrive Mon 13-May-13 08:08:28

Thanks card it is then smile

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now