Talk

Advanced search

To ask a friend why they deleted my comment on their facebook wall?

(6 Posts)
lottie63 Fri 12-Apr-13 03:18:50

It wasn't offensive or rude... Just chatty. But now I m wondering if I ve unintentionally upset them in some way. Has this happened to anyone else? Does this happen regularly? And what do people do when it does?

TanteRose Fri 12-Apr-13 03:21:30

could be iPhone trouble...
I sometimes scroll down, and the Delete? message comes up, so one wrong swipe and its gone.

have also sent Friend replies without really wanting too...

BrianCoxandTheTempleofDOOM Fri 12-Apr-13 03:27:21

did you see the message on the wall? some people set their privacy so they have to "approve" comments, posts and tags before they are made public.

I once gave my ex a hard time when i tagged him in a status update and it didbt appear on his timeline, poor bloke was only trying to avoid a family feud so had put his privacy/access settings uber high!

lottie63 Fri 12-Apr-13 03:54:29

Well, I posted it from my iphone and although iphone facebk app can be tempermental at times, I m pretty sure it appeared on their wall. Then when I looked today, there were 4 other comments and mine had disappearedhmm

TanteRose Fri 12-Apr-13 03:57:56

well, all my FB friends are people who I know and like, so I would just ask them tbh

"just seen that the comment I posted yesterday has disappeared. Any reason?"

lottie63 Fri 12-Apr-13 04:13:33

Okay, have just messaged them. It definitely wasn t an offensive comment. Hope I don't embarass them further. Oh facebook rules are so complicated. One minute it s jokey banter, the next all serious.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now