Advanced search

WWYD re the way this parent is talking to her child . Should I talk to the school ??

(34 Posts)
Shinyshoes1 Thu 24-Jan-13 15:31:07

I'm sat here at the bus stop in the last 5 minutes I've heard

You're a spastic
You're stupid x5
Don't show me up with your stupidness
He wanted to cuddle her she pulled away
The apple don't fall far from the tree
No wonder noone wants to talk to you you're so stupid
I hate you being my kid sometimes

My daughter was loving the attention this woman was giving her when she hopped on one foot . Her son attempted she and she said " stop doing that youll only fall seeing as you're so stupid "
He is wearing one of those hats with the long ears that act as gloves and because he was clapping with them she's banned him from telly for 2 weeks

Wwyd ??

StripiestSocks Fri 25-Jan-13 17:03:57

NSPCC website has info on emotional abuse and suggests calling them.

SocietyClowns Fri 25-Jan-13 17:04:27

I would also tell the head, offering to explain a bit more and mention that you spoke to the dep... Just to ensure that this is not accidentally forgotten about (not that I would accuse staff to brush things under the carpet, oh no hmm). Reading your thread OP made me feel quite ill. I have my moments too, but no child should have to live like that.

YourHandInMyHand Fri 25-Jan-13 21:22:55

So the school have been told about one of their young pupil's being verbally abused by their mother in public but may well sit on their hands as it happened off school grounds??? I bloody hope not!

I did suggest contacting SS yourself as well as the school earlier on in the thread but I'd especially do so now given the school's luke warm reaction OP.

Shinyshoes1 Sat 26-Jan-13 08:43:54

I'll give social services a ring Monday . I'm assuming it's office hours

StripiestSocks Sat 26-Jan-13 11:15:13

Why not just ring NSPCC now? It can be anonymous, If that is part of the reason for not wanting t call.

YourHandInMyHand Sat 26-Jan-13 15:45:19

Social services should have a duty team you can contact out of office hours OP. Whenever you call them though you might as well call them directly, it will get dealt with quicker like that than going through nspcc first surely.

ChristianGreyIsAJackass Sat 26-Jan-13 15:51:25

This is awful, I suppose the school have to be pretty non commital, presumably if he is treated like this all the time and perhaps worse at home the teachers and TA's are experienced in picking things up, maybe they already have concerns (you would hope) sad

melonribena Wed 30-Jan-13 21:05:40

I would ring social services. The deputy didn't sound like she was taking it very seriously to be honest and it sounds like something needs to be done fast.
How old is the poor chap?

angelpinkcar Thu 31-Jan-13 12:32:09

It is emotional abuse you are right, he may be already in the system, this person doesn't sound like the full ticket, you should still report the incident, get a name and follow it up to see if there is any outcome or contact your local police station and speak to the child protection unit. No child needs to be spoken to like that even if they have done something wrong earlier on in the morning, what a complete moran this woman sounds. So whats that little man going to turn out like as an adult???!!!!! If you think the child may be in danger at all I would contact the police or social services or both....

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now