Talk

Advanced search

Clipped car Wing mirror

(4 Posts)
Weekipper Wed 19-Dec-12 17:15:17

This morning when driving down a street with nose to tail parking on both sides I clipped someone's car wing mirror. I knew it cos mine flicked in and when I looked back the other car's had too. I looked for somewhere safe to stop but saw nothing. I drove home grabbed pen and paper and went back. Car had gone so I went to the police station and reported it. Wasn't much help as because I'd not stopped there and then I had no idea of car reg. Police informed me I should have just put hazards on and stopped.

Just wondering what the majority would do?

TeamBacon Wed 19-Dec-12 17:20:52

If there weren't any cars behind me I would probably have stopped, checked for damage and left a note. It's quite unlikely that there's any damage though. I clipped a wall the other day with my wing mirror blush (in my defence I was avoiding someone driving down the middle of the road, so didn't have much choice)

If they're parked on a street like that they should have had their mirrors tucked in anyway.

WhoKnowsWhereTheMistletoes Wed 19-Dec-12 17:26:39

DH did similar last year, didn't want to cause gridlock so drove on and came back later and knocked on doors till he found the owner and gave insurance details. Someone must have reported him though, two days later he got a letter saying he was being charged with leaving the scene of an accident, however the police dropped it when DH explained that it was all sorted, I guess the owner must have agreed. I'd definitely have stopped though.

WhoKnowsWhereTheMistletoes Wed 19-Dec-12 17:28:28

Should add that he did cause damage, a lorry started coming towards him and DH thought it was going to hit him so he went too close to the parked car and damaged the back corner.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now