Talk

Advanced search

Exchange gift from DH?

(4 Posts)
giraffecrossing Sun 16-Dec-12 15:28:39

DH has never really been good at the present buying thing smile . Either he buys nothing or I have to tell him exactly what to buy. I know he loves me and we have a good relationship, and that is more important. But I have told him I would appreciate a bit more effort. He just isn't that into the whole idea of gift giving. Coupled with him having little idea of what to get.
Anyway, today is my birthday and he asked me a few days what I would like. I suggested a shop that I like that has nice bags. So this morning he gave me a bag which is okay, but not one I would have chosen myself. I know there are other bags I would like more.
My question is would you keep the bag you were given or exchange it (which he said I could do) for one you prefer? I really want to encourage his gift giving though!!! I know many women tell there OHs exactly what they'd like but it's do nice to have a surprise!

MrsWolowitz Sun 16-Dec-12 15:32:44

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

giraffecrossing Sun 16-Dec-12 15:49:14

That's just it, he told me he spent ages choosing and explained why he chose that one. I really don't want to hurt his feelings but I think you're right. The bag is real leather so will have been one of their most expensive ones. I just hope I don't put him off trying again.
The funny thing is, I thought by pointing him in the direction of that shop he couldn't go wrong. I like almost all the stuff they sell! Oh well.

Nevercan Sun 16-Dec-12 19:25:11

Next time just be more specific too. Say can I have one of these three bags so you are still getting a surprise and he still feels like he is choosing but you get what you want grin

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: