Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

What should I do? help please!! in love but family wouldn't let me marry him. I'm 23?

(4 Posts)
sallywall Fri 14-Dec-12 02:24:22

Salam. I am a muslim girl age 23. I am in love with a muslim boy we'v been together for 2years, but only seen once obviously cuz my religion don't allow adultry. So we kept our relationship halal as much as we could. He is a very understanding guy basically what every girl wants in personality but lookswise not all that. I'll try to keep this short as possible but here it goes. Well he is in love with me too problem is my family won't allow me to marry him, he sent few proposals but my parents keep disaggreeing because they think he is not good enough for me, he's not man enough (he's 25) he's not good looking, he's got 7sisters, he's mum is very strikt towards everything (even I heard his mum shout while I was on fone to him so I'm scared of his mum) he's got dead end job etc but the problem is I love him sad what should I do? Do I break my parents heart? Or do I break his heart? I'm 23 all of my friends are married feel lonely. I am quite religious and I know everything is to do with Allah the almighty. Please help thank you.

Ambivalence Fri 14-Dec-12 02:59:34

Hello.

Not Muslim myself but Asian and familiar with the issues.

You are only 23, you don't have to make this decision yet.

You have been with him for 2 years, as your family disapprove , do they know this?

How much time do you spend with him?

What is his not good enough job?

Ambivalence Fri 14-Dec-12 03:00:52

Is the problem they feel he is not your equal or is it mainly due to looks?

SavoyCabbage Fri 14-Dec-12 03:05:52

Do they worry that you could end up supporting him if he has a 'dead end job'?

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now