Talk

Advanced search

Lip ring

(4 Posts)
clairefromsteps Wed 21-Nov-12 10:31:51

I have always fancied getting a lip ring, just a little one on the corner of my mouth, and I have finally worked up the courage to do it.

Only sticking point is that I work in a school, mostly in the finance office and very occasionally on reception. The school is a small school in our teeny village, my two children attend and so I know and am quite friendly with most of the families.

I'm sure my head teacher wouldn't mind, as she is very liberal, although I would definitely run it past her first. As a parent, would you think it inappropriate if the lady who does the dinner money in your child's school had a lip ring (quite apart from the fact that I'm in my thirties and ought to know better!).

amazingmumof6 Wed 21-Nov-12 11:21:11

surely if you'd had it and applied for a job you wouldn't be refused it coz of a lip ring..

also some people are simply not allowed jewellery for safety reasons, but that doesn't apply to you.

I've no idea if it is inappropriate or not, but I personally hate lip rings and nose rings and most of all tattoos, so I will never advise anyone to get them, sorry! smile

so my disapproval is general not specific.

what do your kids/DH think? I'd probably listen to their opinion rather than anyone else's if in doubt!

amazingmumof6 Wed 21-Nov-12 11:22:47

if you do go for it ( but don't! smile) surely you can take it out if you feel you need to....

DeepSeaLead Wed 21-Nov-12 11:25:13

Wouldn't bother me at all
In fact would make me feel more comfortable

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now