Talk

Advanced search

rude grandparent on school run

(4 Posts)
nuttiestnut Tue 20-Nov-12 10:42:05

Wondered whether to inform school of this or just move on. I was taking kids to school this morning. Was just getting them out of the car when another car appeared but did not wait- drove straight into space beside us while I was getting kids out. While I went round the other side to get my son out, she decided she didn't have enough room, so signalled to my kids to move, reversed out and drove back in again. When I returned to my car I said to the woman 'I was getting the kids out of the car when you drove in- she said I resent you speaking to me like that and I said Im very sorry you feel like that Im not speaking to you in a nasty way. She said I made sure the kids were out of the way when I had to reverse out to get my grandson's door open. I said well you had already driven into the space while I was getting the kids out. Well you were taking a very long time, she said and I told Her I cant move any faster. She got in her car and drove off. Also, what can I say if she says anything about it next time I see her as I am not good at confrontation- hate it but felt I needed to say something due to safety.

HoratiaWinwood Tue 20-Nov-12 10:52:12

I think you're being oversensitive. School-run parking is shit for everyone.

What would school do?

nuttiestnut Tue 20-Nov-12 10:55:37

True- just feeling a bit shocked- I always wait until the kids are out and the car door has been closed before driving in to a space. Just courtesy I think and above all, safety.

Gigondas Tue 20-Nov-12 10:58:24

She made sure kids were out the way. Tbh I think you are being a bit over sensitive.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now