Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

Bloody Internet

(4 Posts)
Doinmummy Sun 18-Nov-12 21:04:04

One of my lodgers has rearranged the routers in MY house (see previous thread) and neither I nor my other lodger could get connected. I have fiddled with my laptop and with the help of a lovely MNetter i have now got connection. The other lodger keeps geeting logged of or her connection is really really slow.

I dont know what to do. I have provided internet connection and the signal is coming into the house but she keeps asking me what she can do.

I have no clue how to fix this. WWYD?

toriap2 Tue 20-Nov-12 08:04:02

If you can get connection, log on to your router via the Internet, ie, sky.com or virgin.net, put your pc or device as the administrator, set a password and then you will have control of the router. It has probably been set that the lodger who fiddled has primary access and is taking most of the bandwidth. This will also allow you to control who has access and when.

Hope this helps

Doinmummy Tue 20-Nov-12 12:25:34

Thank you for replying. I've got rid of one router and we are now all connected but I do need to get admin control back so will follow your guidance .

Would actually be better for me to get rid of lodger but finances won't allow!!

toriap2 Tue 20-Nov-12 15:48:06

We had this problem with a student we had staying with us. It ended up with me blocking him from the Internet. To really make sure they can't get admin control back, make your device the only one that can make changes then password protect your device. Good luck

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now