Advanced search

Legal route?

(6 Posts)
piglettsmummy Sun 11-Nov-12 11:47:01

My daughters care At one of the main children's hospitals has been far from acceptable, however, only from her consultant. The other services provided ( two nurses, sleep staff, neurology) have been amazing and top class. We have been under this hospital 14months and had problems with the consultant since we first attended. Basically all my pleas are ignored until several months down the line they realise and carry on like it's a new occurrence! I'm an there tomorro and intend on giving the doctor hell. I have previously been in touch with a solicitor but says that my case wud be classed as medical negligence and in the same breathe said I don't have a case because she has come to no physical harm! If I involve pals it gets there butt shifting for a while but the goes back to the usual crap I can't involve them in every appointment thoughsad WWUD?

Rockchick1984 Sun 18-Nov-12 22:12:39

Do you mean should you sue them? If she hasn't suffered physical harm or dangerous levels of negligence then I personally couldn't sue them - you would need to have exhausted all of their complaints procedures first anyway even if you wanted to! What exactly would you expect compensating for, unless their actions have meant you will have massive bills in future eg needing to modify your home as its no longer suitable due to their mistakes.

Why don't you demand a different consultant or change hospitals?

piglettsmummy Mon 19-Nov-12 11:45:31

I dont know really! They have messed up
Continuously for the 17months she's been under them including putting Her on medication I did not consent to Infact I told them til I was
Practically blue that I didn't want her to go on it ! Cause her to drop
From 75th to 25thncentile for her weight and made her really poorly! There are many more mistakes
They have made too many to type here! I just don't want them to get away with
What they have done !

Rockchick1984 Mon 19-Nov-12 12:05:24

On the hospital's website it should list their complaints procedure, and what to do if your issues still haven't been resolved by using PALS. Have you requested to change consultant or change hospital?

wonkylegs Mon 19-Nov-12 12:15:09

Ask to change consultants. I did this after many years with a terrible consultant, one thing was the final straw. I spoke to my GP and changed consultants in the same hospital. It was awkward but the best thing I ever did.

piglettsmummy Mon 19-Nov-12 13:02:46

I did request to move but when we got wat we wanted test wise we stayed and put a stop on the transfere thing is we have to use public transport so it takes 1 and half hours to get to our current hospital our nearest transfere wud be Manchester which from us is 2hrs if we
Cud drive so imagine it on public transport, that's why I'm hesitant! We cannot switch to another
Doc because he is te only expert in my daughters field at the hospital x

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: