Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

SIL to be and hen weekend

(3 Posts)
UC Mon 22-Oct-12 09:21:59

SIL-to-be is great, I enjoy her company, she's a lovely girl. She and DB are getting married next year, and I'm invited on the hen. It's in a city a long way from here (but do-able), but my main concern is the plan. To be honest, it's my worst nightmare of a weekend - I don't really drink and don't like techno music. She loves techno and has big plans for a massive night out to a club with loads of drinking involved. It just isn't me. I know this is a weekend that's about her, but I also know that I will be the one who's sober and dying to go home 4 hours (at least!!!) earlier than everyone else. The rest of the weekend sounds fab, shopping and a bit of relaxation. So I don't know what to do.

Do I go and suck it up? Or do I politely decline (but then feel really guilty), or do I go, but ask for a single room where we're staying, and just duck out of the bit I'm really dreading?

WWYD?

TiAAAAARGHo Mon 22-Oct-12 09:27:47

Go for the shopping and relaxation, and just explain that drinking isn't your thing and say you just haven't the stamina anymore.

I went on a hen weekend where people just ducked out of the bits they didn't fancy, and it was fine - everyone was happy and we had a fantastic time.

UC Mon 22-Oct-12 10:27:56

Thanks for that. I think I'll ask for a room by myself in the accommodation (realise that'll cost more), and explain that I'll duck out of the late night drinking/clubbing session that I'm dreading! I would so much rather do that than not go at all.

Not sure why I needed the validation of Mumsnet to get to this conclusion - but thanks TiAAAARGHo!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now