Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

MIL bought new ipad, but it has a school logo on the back of it!

(7 Posts)
iwantavuvezela Tue 16-Oct-12 16:10:59

My MIL who is not from the UK, bought herself an ipad (Tottenham Road, London) whilst visiting us for £400.
It came in a sealed apple box;
However when it was opened it had the logo of a school (a fairly well known school in London) printed in white on the back of the ipad!
What do you think she should do?
Should I contact Apple, the store?
Has anyone heard of something like this happening.

Ideas, suggestions welcome ......

PeggyCarter Tue 16-Oct-12 16:14:40

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

Kinora Tue 16-Oct-12 16:15:28

I would report it.

A local school has issued ipads to pupils for £3 per week. I've not seen one so don't know if there is a logo on the back. I did wonder if there was going to be a few cheap laptops in the run up to Christmas grin

iwantavuvezela Tue 16-Oct-12 23:08:44

It was from a shop in tottenham rd, not the apple shop. Not sure whether to approach apple or the shop first.

BertieBotts Tue 16-Oct-12 23:16:27

Apple if you suspect the shop to be dodgy I'd have thought? Otherwise they'll just swap it for a non school branded one surely? If you tell apple then they can decide whether to investigate or not. Or they might tell you to contact the store.

ThreeWheelsGood Sat 20-Oct-12 04:30:20

Approach the shop first, explain she bought it on understanding it was new, it's clearly not. She should try and get a refund.
Given TCR is so near Apple's stores on Regent St or Covent Garden, why didn't she go there?

ImperialBlether Sun 28-Oct-12 16:47:17

I imagine it was cheaper at that shop, ThreeWheels.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now