Talk

Advanced search

Next Door Neighbours children

(10 Posts)
Mylittlebubble Sun 14-Oct-12 16:37:26

Really not sure what to say or do without upsetting anyone. Next door have a 4 year old D and 9 year old son. 4 year old daughter is the same age as my dd. Throughout the summer they all played together out in the street or our back garden which was lovely and they have made a great friendship particularly the girls.
As the colder weather came they started to play inside the house which is fine with the girls as they have dolls, princesses school in common. However the 9 year old just sort of hangs around looking bored wondering around the house.
I don't want to stop the girls playing together but having both of them over is becoming a chore and a pain.
How do approach this when the girl comes to play but he is in tow without upseting him or the parents?

Mylittlebubble Sun 14-Oct-12 17:30:23

Bump

ripsishere Mon 15-Oct-12 03:31:15

Maybe somewhere busier for more answers?
Personally, I'd just tell the boy he couldn't come. He must have friends of his own. I am a horrible person though.

EugenesAxe Mon 15-Oct-12 05:04:03

I'd just tell the parents he seems really bored and you think it would be better for him to be in his own house than mooching about yours. If he has to come so the other parents can go out perhaps install him in front of an engaging TV programme or computer game.

SavoyCabbage Mon 15-Oct-12 05:09:06

I wouldn't let him do anything but okay with the little girls. But I am a cow. I think if he wants to come over and play Barbies-fine. If not he can play at home with his own toys.

conorsrockers Mon 15-Oct-12 05:48:48

There is a reason why he is coming to yours - especially as he is a 9 year old boy and they are two little girls. My 9yo DS would relish a bit of peace and quiet!
Can you spare him 15 minutes when he comes round and then find something he can do on his own?

WofflingOn Mon 15-Oct-12 05:51:30

Make it clear to the parents that the invite is for your DD's friend, not general babysitting.

ben5 Mon 15-Oct-12 05:54:01

ask him why he comes around to your house? does your dd go to there house at all?

pumpkinsweetie Mon 15-Oct-12 06:37:20

Stick a tv programme or game on for him?
Or it may be that he doesn't actually want to be at yours, but mum has sent him over.
Speak to the mum and say he seems bored at yours and go from there.

Mylittlebubble Mon 15-Oct-12 12:22:25

Thanks for your replies.
Not sure I really want my DD friends to come round to play then have to sit down with them individually and entertain them too. The girls go off and play but the brother seems to come along too.
Just hoping he starts to realise it is boring coming to ours and playing with the girls and stops coming round too.
I suppose it is my fault for having an open house for DD friends to play as I would rather she was in our house than our neighbours.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now