Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

2 daughters, 2 events, same day. WWYD?

(27 Posts)
nickeldaisical Fri 12-Oct-12 13:28:44

not my daughters.

DD1 aged 20, has cheerleading competition on a sunday. it's several miles away from home. she's the lead cheerleader and will need to take one of the other squad members too.
DD2 aged 15, has a performance that is the conclusion of a Guide badge. she has to do the performance to get the badge. she's part of a group, not a solo. it's within walking distance of home. it's on the same day.

Only one family car. don't know if mum drives.
mum and dad both available on the day.

WWYD?

lambethlil Fri 12-Oct-12 13:30:00

One parent to each event. confused

JammySplodger Fri 12-Oct-12 13:31:31

I'd go and see the cheerleader and send grandparents to see the guide performance.

CMOTDibbler Fri 12-Oct-12 13:31:38

Easy - one drives to dd1s event, the other goes to dd2's.

Whats the backstory ?

JammySplodger Fri 12-Oct-12 13:32:09

Sorry, misread that, err, I'd flip a coin.

SkiLift Fri 12-Oct-12 13:32:54

one walks, one drives.

or both go to both and watch a bit of each.

EmpressOfTheSevenScreams Fri 12-Oct-12 13:33:02

One parent drives DD1 and friend in car, other parent (if they're able to watch the performance, seems unnecessary otherwise) walks with DD2.

Seems too simple. I could understand you posting the question if the DD's were 10 and 5 and both needed to be driven. What's the catch?

MrClaypole Fri 12-Oct-12 13:35:26

This is really not a difficult question is it?

One parent goes to each event. One takes the car and one walks or gets a cab.

Then have a nice dinner out or takeaway in the evening to tell each other about it all.

What's the problem?

coppertop Fri 12-Oct-12 13:37:45

Is this one of those reverse posts? Is your child the other squad member by any chance?

Otherwise I would say one parent goes to each event.

PrimrosePath Fri 12-Oct-12 13:37:46

I'm not sure what this problem is here. Do both parents want to see both events?

EmpressOfTheSevenScreams Fri 12-Oct-12 13:38:30

Come on Nickel - what IS the problem?

lambethlil Fri 12-Oct-12 13:41:18

Tell us Nickel!

Trills Fri 12-Oct-12 13:42:09

If one parent doesn't drive, non-driver goes to walking-distance thing, driver goes to driving-requiring thing.

If both drive, flip a coin or decide if one has been more involved in one of the events.

TheMightyRubester Fri 12-Oct-12 13:42:39

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

Trills Fri 12-Oct-12 13:42:44

Or alternatively, 20 yr old drives herself, 15 yr old walks herself, parents stay hoe and have sex.

EmpressOfTheSevenScreams Fri 12-Oct-12 13:42:52

Nickel's child's too young to be the other squad member, Coppertop.

PhyllisDoris Fri 12-Oct-12 13:44:08

yes, tell us! Agree with everything said above. One parent to each event, and you will all enjoy swapping stories in the evening.
One event is within walking distance, so the other event needs the car.
Flip a coin if you need to to decide who goes to which.

What's the problem?

coppertop Fri 12-Oct-12 13:45:07

My money's on Nickel's dc being the other cheerleading squad member. The 20yr-old is supposed to take them but now can't because her parents are driving to the 15yr-old's performance?

IShallWearMidnight Fri 12-Oct-12 13:45:20

one parent to each, decide amongst selves which one goes where, unless one parent is non driver, in which case they go to the walking distance one. Not difficult to sort out I'd've said, unless there's more to it?

OwedToAutumn Fri 12-Oct-12 13:51:36

I have 3 DC all at different schools. They all Have a number of hobbies and sports over and above this. It's not unusual for DH and me to have to each attend one event. We explain beforehand, and our DC understand the difficulty. It's just a normal part of belonging to a family.

nickeldaisical Fri 12-Oct-12 14:32:56

This happened last year, and I was wondering whether I was BU because I was in charge of the Guides event. (I've been pondering it ever since because it seemed so unfair)

So I thought I was biased because it was my event. iyswim.

What happened was, (and I even spoke to the dad about this because I felt it was unfair) - DD2, the Guide was made to miss her performance so that the whole family could go to the cheerleading competition for the DD1.
she was given no choice, and when I spoke to the dad he said that it was the family supporting the family (i paraphrase)

Trills Fri 12-Oct-12 14:34:35

WTF?

Bonkers.

EmpressOfTheSevenScreams Fri 12-Oct-12 14:36:13

Massively unfair.

nickeldaisical Fri 12-Oct-12 14:36:52

I know.
and she was the most enthusiastic guide taking part, and it was important to her.
I had to have words with the Guide leaders to make sure that she still got her badge - she was the only guide that didn't miss a single rehearsal.

Felicitywascold Fri 12-Oct-12 14:37:03

Yanbu, the family are odd and it's shit that the child was made to miss the performance.

But seriously, a year ago? Time to move on....

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now