Talk

Advanced search

Talking to DC about Jimmy Savile

(4 Posts)
solidgoldbrass Thu 11-Oct-12 19:59:46

DS is 8, and sometimes likes to watch the news on TV. So naturally, he wants to know who 'that man' is and what he's done. I haven't gone into much detail, just said that JS was a very bad man who liked to hurt other people, mostly little girls, and that he pretended to be a very good man, which is why everyone is so angry about him; that and the fact that he was allowed to get away with his behaviour.

Has anyone else had to talk to their DC about it and (knowing my DS, the subject's going to come up again and again) anyone got any useful tips?

Inneedofbrandy Thu 11-Oct-12 20:03:45

My dd (almost 7) loves watching the news to, and I have told her almost word by word what you have told your ds. She hasn't asked anything further, she's been more concerned about the missing girl.

As a side note do you think it's ok for them to watch and know about things like js, or the missing girl. I can't ever decide if I'm letting her know to much about the horrible side of life.

Itsjustafleshwound Thu 11-Oct-12 20:05:49

Not yet. But I do think 'the talk' is imminent wirh my nearly 8yo DD.

Sometimes, it is better just to answer the queation and not to elaborate. He is suspected of doing bad things ... Not the nature of the bad things iyswim

WereTricksPotter Thu 11-Oct-12 20:12:15

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now